Getting Alex Back

(Y/n) POV:

Weeks had passed since I was kidnapped. Wars passed as well and we were getting closer to the big battle at Yorktown. We stilled don't have Alex. But John and I have gotten much closer and Washington could tell. Herc came back! And he had information about Yorktown so we had a plan. Laf was gonna be in charge of the troops in Chesapeake bay. So that's good for him. But I knew we would need Hamilton for this.

     "Guys Yorktown is coming up soon and we need to get Alex back for it!" I said frustrated. "Yeah he'll be a lot of help for sure." John said as well. Herc stared at the floor blankly. "What's wrong Herc?" I asked. "It's just- I- please don't get hurt." He stuttered. We all knew why he stuttered. It was because he was going back to his shop. He wouldn't be able to know if we were safe until after the war. And he's leaving in a few days. But like I promised to Peggy I promised it to Herc. I'm gonna try and not die.

     "I might know how to get Alexander back!" Laf shouted out of nowhere. "How?" The three of us asked. "Leave it to me!". Laf got up and walked out of the tent. "Huh he just left." John said tilting his head. I shrugged my shoulders and got up to walk out of the tent. But John grabbed my hand and got up looking me in the eye "I'm coming with you.". And I pulled him out of the tent. We just started walking to wherever our legs took us. "You okay?" John asked.
"Yeah I'm fine."
"You don't seem fine."
"Well I'm fine. Okay?"
"Okay!"
He held his hands up in defense.

     "Sorry it's just I miss having Alex around." I confessed. "Laf said he knew how to get him back and you have me!" He said smiling and putting his arm around my waist. "Yeah you're right I have you!" I chuckled while tapping the tip of his nose with my finger. "You're to cute." He complimented. "And so are you.".

     We walked and walked until we decided to go back to the tent. We got to the tent and no one was in there. I grabbed a book and sat on my bed with the book wide open. John came over and sat beside me. "Watcha reading?" He asked. "Oh um it's common sense. Burr gave it to me when I first moved here." I explained. "Ah I see!" He said. I inched closer to him and laid my head on his chest. He stared at the book and read whatever was on the page.

     "Don't you ever get bored of reading the same thing over and over?" He asked breaking the silence. "Not at all! Every time I read it, it feels like it's my first time." I said. "Okay just asking.". Once again it went silent. "I'm bored!" John whined. I put my book down and smiled at him. "What do you wanna do then?" I asked. "This!" He yelled tackling me. And soon enough I was on the floor dying of laughter from John tickling me.

     "Stop, Stop, Stop!" I yelled through the laughter. My chest started to hurt from laughing so much. Finally he got off of me and grabbed my hand pulling me up. "I'm done. You happy?" He smiled. "Will this answer your question?" I said pulling him into a kiss.

     We kissed for a little bit until I heard from behind us "EWWWWW!!!". "Every time!" I yell. John laughs and we turn to see Laf standing there looking like he wanted to throw up. "It was just a kiss! We didn't do anything special." I said. John's arm was once again wrapped around my waist. "But seriously why can't we ever kiss without anyone being behind us?!" John said confused.

     I chuckled and kissed him on the cheek. "Well... did you convince Washington to get Alex back?" I asked. "Oh yeah, he sent a letter to him." He confessed. "Really?!?!" John and I said. "Yeah!" He said slowly nodding his head. "Ok? Great!". I was really excited and John looked like he was too. That night the four of us went out for drinks. Even though we did that every night, this night was special. It was for Alex coming back even though he isn't here.

     Everyone was drunk. Especially John. He was probably the worst. I had one beer so I was fine. I got them in the tent and they got in bed. I went to my bed but John came up to the side of my bed. "Hey pretty lady! When did you get here?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and replied with "I've been here for a while.". He looked confused. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and told him not to worry. "Hey!" He yelled. "What?" I asked confused. "Don't kiss me! I have a girlfriend!" He hissed. I chuckled and shook my head. It was nice knowing that even though he was drunk he still wouldn't cheat on me.

     I ignored it and took him to his bed and as I went to walk away he said "hey look you're really pretty but, my girlfriend is prettier.". I laughed because it was funny since he didn't know that I was his girlfriend. I got in my bed and fell asleep.

     I woke up the next morning and everyone was still asleep. Last night they were worse than ever before. I grabbed my book and started reading. A few minutes later though I heard someone groan. I looked up to see John holding his head. "Yeah you guys were bad. Especially you!" I laugh. He smiles and gets up. "Did I do anything stupid?" He asked.

     "Well you called me pretty lady and asked me when I got here. Then I gave you a kiss on the cheek and you said "don't kiss me I have a girlfriend" so I walked you to your bed and the last thing you said was that I was pretty but your girlfriend was prettier." I explained. He shook his head more than likely thinking that he made himself look like an idiot. I put my hand on his shoulder and told him "hey it's fine! You're cute when you're drunk.". He blushed and I walked away. I went and got breakfast.

     Everyone was awake when I got back to the tent. All of them had massive headaches and were holding their heads. "You guys look, rough!" I chuckled. (Kinky! Sorry I'll go now 😐). They all glared at me. "...Okay?" I said. I sat on my bed and ate my bread. They went to get breakfast as I sat in the tent alone just thinking about life.

     When the guys returned we spent time together before Herc had to leave. I guess you could say it was just another day at war. But we're not fighting so... oh well!

Word count:1179

Ha! I got the chapter out today. Even though it's late though. But a few chapters ago I was thanking you guys for 200 reads and it already has 300 reads! It hasn't even been a week so thank you soooooo much. I'll have to think of something to do for this. Sorry for the short chapter but like I said in my last one I had an idea and I kinda made it good enough. But I'm good now! I have a good idea for the next chapter that will definitely be longer than this one! So thank you again and bye my people!
                                                                                                       ~PEGGY😄