The day has arrived

(Y/n) POV:

       It's been almost a week since I sent the letter out and still nothing. I hope he got it since it's been almost a week. Or what if he decided not to read it since I'm a girl! I hope that's not the reason. But whatever, it must arrive soon anyways. I get out of bed and get ready for the day. I do my makeup, put on a good dress, and put my hair up in a bun. As soon as I'm finished I go downstairs and greet the Schuyler's. I eat breakfast and go to walk out the door. But of course there's always something that stops you. "Wait! (Y/n)! A letter came for you in the mail." Peggy said running up to me. "Oh thanks!" I said very excited. But Peggy pulled me close and whispered in my ear "It's from general Washington. I didn't want the others to know.". "Well thanks Peg! I'm glad you got it instead of the others!" I told her. "No problem! Now go read it!" She said pushing me along. Peggy has always been like my fun, younger sister! I'm glad to have her. She is ALWAYS there for me.

        We walked into my room and sat down on the bed. "Okay here we go!" I said breathing in really deep. I opened the letter and read it out loud.

Dear miss (Y/n),

      I am very glad to hear that you want to be apart of the revolution. But I don't think it's a good idea for you to come out. But we are down a lot of men and since you are so determined to come out I will allow you to join. It's good that you know how to shoot a gun so the day you arrive just come to my tent and I'll take you out to the training field. I will see how well you can do and that'll decide where I put you in the war. I hope you arrive soon. And stay safe.

Sincerely, (ME!)
General Washington

I could not believe my eyes! He accepted me to join!!! "Congratulations (Y/n)!" Peggy said. "I get to be in the revolution!" I squealed. "Yeah just please be safe! Remember you promised to try and not die." She said sternly. "I will don't worry! Besides I'll see you at the winters ball in a few days." I said trying to make her stop worrying. "Yeah! So when are you leaving?" She asked. "Tonight." That's all I said. "Okay well I guess you should pack." She said. "Yeah I'll see you after I pack." I told her. She walked out the door and I pulled out my bag and put the two uniforms that I had gotten, in the bag. I put in a couple other things like some ribbon for my hair, the common sense book from burr (even though I finished it I've been reading it again), and some boots for war as well. After I finished packing I hid the bag under my bed and walked out the door making sure it was closed. I found Peggy outside and asked her if she wanted to go shopping with me one last time before I leave. She said yes so we walked down to town. "I'm gonna miss you." She said. "Yeah but don't worry I'll see you at the winters ball in a few days." I told her once again. "Your right! From what I know about you I know that you won't go down without a fight!" She said cheering herself up. "Yeah!" I said supporting her. We shopped and shopped all day until the sun started to set. We walked home because she knew I had to leave soon. I wanted to leave after everyone was asleep because only Peggy knew that I was leaving. I waited and waited.

      Finally, everyone but Peggy was asleep. She came into my room and told me to go out the window so no one would hear. She gave me one last hug before I left. "Stay safe please." She said crying. "I will don't worry." I said patting her head. She let go and I jumped out the window. I fell onto a bush and looked up waving at Peggy before walking to the carriage. I walked to the carriage that I got and got in. We drove off silently in the night. I told the driver where to go and we were off. I ended up falling asleep because I knew it was a long way there.

****** TIME SKIP ******

      I woke up to the sun shining in my face. The driver told me we were there so I got my stuff and got out. I was wearing my uniform from last night because I didn't want to show up in a dress. I walked in the camp but I didn't know where general Washington's tent was. "Hey, um do you know where general Washington's tent is?" I asked a man that was short, with short brown hair in a ponytail. "Yeah just follow me!" He said leading the way. We walked through all the tents and men. When finally we reached the biggest tent out of all the other ones. "There ya go" he said walking away. "May I come in?" I asked making sure I don't just barge in. "Yes you may." Was the reply. I walked in to see a desk with the general sitting behind it. "Um I am here for the training and you told me to come here first." I told him trying to sound confident. "Ah yes! Miss (Y/n) right?" He asked. "Y-Yes!" I said stuttering a little. "Well I'll take you out right now so we can get it over with." He said getting up. He handed me a gun and we walked out. He lead me to a big field with some wood boards with x's on them. "Alright now you're going to stand right here and shoot the three x's on the boards. Got it?". "Got it!". I was ready! I had to stay confident so I took my position and shot at the first x. Nailed it! Right in the middle of it! "Wow! Nice shot" he said. He told me to go back farther and shoot the x at the top. And just like the first time I hit the x right in the middle. "Very impressive!" He said astonished. I moved back one more time and had to hit the one at the bottom. I pulled the trigger and watched as the bullet hit the x better than the rest. It was the most perfect shot ever! "I love what you can do!" He said. "Thank you" I said proud of myself.

      He took me back to his tent and told me which tent I would be in. So I left and tried to find my tent. Eventually I found it. I walked inside and it was empty. But I knew it wasn't just myself because other belongings were there. So I just unpacked and laid on the bed. I thought about Peggy and if she told her sisters or if my mom is trying to find me. All that raced through my head until I heard guys coming. The tent flaps opened and 4 guys walked in. It was the one I talked to earlier, one who was tall, had dark skin, and his hair in a bun. Another who was buff, had dark skin and had a bandana around his head. And the one who caught my attention the most. He had curly brown hair in a ponytail, was tan, and had thousands of freckles on his face. My gosh was he handsome! "Woah! There's a girl in the war!" The one with the bandana said. "Yeah I talked to you earlier." The short one said. "I'm Alexander Hamilton!" He said. "I'm Hercules Mulligan!" He said as well. "Lafayette" He said with a French accent. "And I'm John Laurens!" He said with a huge smile on his face. "Oh well nice to meet you! I'm (Y/n)!" I said. "So you're in the revolution?" Lafayette asked. "Yeah I wanna help with the war!" I said confident. "I bet you're really good then!" John said. "I'm okay I guess but I can still help." I told them. "Ah! Okay then." Hercules said. "Why don't you tell us how you convinced Washington. Because he is hard to convince!" John said patting a seat next to him on a bed. "Okay." I said. Everyone sat down ready for me to tell them.

     After I told them everything it was already time for the sun to set. "You know why don't we skip drinks tonight." Alexander said. "Sure we can go one night without, right?" Lafayette said. "Yeah!" John agreed nodding his head. So we all got in our beds and fell asleep. So far it's not as bad as I thought! At least for now.

Word count: 1507

Here's another chapter! Sorry if it's bad but I was in a rush for some parts. But guess what... school is over for me! It ended last Friday so I'll be posting more than I usually do! Another chapter will be out Friday or Saturday night. And I put John in there for ya! I hope you enjoyed and I'll post soon!

                                                                             ~PEGGY 🐯