Thomas Jefferson's coming home

(Y/n) POV:

     Yesterday was the day that Mr. Jefferson arrived. I'm actually meeting him today though, before the meeting. Washington allowed me to bring John along for the first meeting. So right now I'm getting ready for our first cabinet meeting. And I was happy today, nothing can bring me down.

     I was wearing a green dress since Alex told me yesterday that he was wearing a green suit.

(Bringing back the dresses baby! I'm sorry if you don't like it I just picked the first green dress I saw)

     I was downstairs waiting for John while tapping my foot on the ground. I looked around staring at stuff I could see until I heard a door close. I looked up to see John wearing his war clothes. "Why are you wearing your stuff from the war?" I asked smiling. "Cause I want this Jefferson guy to know that I was in the war!" He was cheerful today as well.

     I shook my head and grabbed his hand as we walked out the door and closing it behind us. We walked down the street. I knew we wouldn't be late! I left really early and also I'm early to everything (Ha! No I'm late to everything)! "You excited?" John jumped up and down like a happy little kid. "Yeah! Our first cabinet meeting!" I said.

     We continued walking until we stopped and went inside a building. "I'll take you to my office!" I said as I pulled him down the hall. We were both laughing and giggling like little kids. I saw my office and went in. No one else for the meeting was there yet. So I figured that we would hang out here for a while.

    We hung out for a while but it came to an end when Alex knocked on my door saying that Mr. Jefferson was here. I walked out of my office with John behind me.

     I saw a tall guy in a velvet, magenta suit. He had poofy hair and was talking with a thick country accent. "Ah miss (L/n)! Come meet Mr. Jefferson!" Washington stated. I slowly walked over with John once again behind me.

     "Well who's this precious daisy?" He asked with a smirk. "My name's (Y/n)." I muttered. "And she's also my girlfriend!" John interfered. "And who's this?" Jefferson chuckled. "John. John Laurens." He said shaking his hand. "Uh huh." Jefferson frowned.

     Jefferson walked over and stood beside me. He wrapped his arm around my waist. "Hey! Hey! Hey! Didn't you just hear him say I'm his girlfriend!?" I yelled slapping his arm away. "Oh a feisty tiny one I see!" He smirked once again. I glared at him.

     A few moments later I saw another guy walk up. He was much shorter. He was coughing into a handkerchief... a lot. "Who are you?" I asked. He coughed a few more times before answering. "James Madison." He stuck his hand out and we shook hands. "Well darlin I'll see you in the meeting then. And please call me Thomas or Jefferson. I don't like mr." He smirked walking away with James at his side.

     I turned and saw Alex. He was leaning against the wall, arms crossed with a frown on his face. "I don't like him already!" He growled. "Me neither. I don't like the way he was eyeing you!" John said. I shrugged and we walked to the meeting room (I don't know what it's called and I don't feel like researching). There was a big table in the room. Washington sat down with Thomas on one side and Alex on the other. I sat by Alex and John sat by me. Sir coughs a lot was by Thomas the whole time not saying a word. And the meeting began!