What are you doing here?!?!

(Y/n) POV:

I woke up and rolled over so I could cuddle with John. But he wasn't there. "Huh?" I questioned as I rolled out of bed. I got ready for the day and made my way downstairs. That's where I saw John in the kitchen, cooking breakfast.

     "What's up honey." I said giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Oh a new nickname! Well I mean the sky is what's up." He chuckled. I playfully rolled my eyes with a smile on my face.

     We sat down and started eating. Until John started to speak. "So um I was wondering if you-" but he was cut off by a knock at the door. "Hold that thought I'll get it." I said. I quickly made my way to the door before opening it. I stood in shock confused at the person in front of me.

     "What are you here for?" I growled. "I'm sorry please forgive me!" My sister begged. "Why should I, you fought with the British, you kidnapped me, and now you bother to show up here? How did you even know I was here?!?!" I asked. "I'm sorry about all of that I just wanna make things right between us, please?" She begged.

     "You still didn't answer my question of how you knew I was here!" "Mom told me you'd be here." She mumbled. "Great!" I sarcastically yelled. "Just, here come in." I said opening the door wider.

     John came out of the kitchen as Sophia sat on the couch. "Hey cutie!" She waved. "Back off he's mine!" I growled. She gave me a look of disgust. "Is everything okay?" John hesitated to ask. "Well John this is... my sister." I sighed. "I'm really really sorry (Y/n)! Please forgive me." She kept pleading.

"Come on it's your sister. You already have it bad with your mom." John whispered. "Fine! I guess I can forgive you." I muttered. "Thank you so much!" She squealed giving me a hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

"Can I ask you something though?" I asked. "Yeah sure!" She said. "H-how did the... the fire start?" I stuttered. She frowned and stared at the ground. "I-I Uh it okay." She stuttered at first.

     "Okay well when you and mom left someone knocked on the door. Dad opened it and it was a guy. They talked for awhile and eventually dad let him in. When dad went to get drinks from the kitchen he pulled something out of his coat." She said. "What was it?" I slowly asked. She took a breath before responding.

     "It was a pocket watch. And he kept looking at! Like he was waiting for something." She explained. John and I exchanged a look of confusion. "A pocket watch?" John said confused. "Yeah so back to the story." She quickly said.

     "He kept looking at it. I stayed in my room with door creaked open watching him the whole time. He put his watch away and pulled out a box of matches. I tried to get dad but he lit a bunch of them and threw them around the house. The house went up in flames and I saw a bright blue light out of no where. And when the light was gone So was the man. Then you guys came home." She finished.

     There was shock in my eyes as she finished the story. "Oh my gosh." I muttered. John hugged me as tears started to form in my eyes. "Someone purposely tried to kill you guys." I mumbled. "But why?" John asked. "I-I don't know." I stuttered. "It's not like we have people that hate us." Sophia said.

     "That's why it makes no sense." I finished. "Maybe it was just a man doing it to a random house." John said trying to make it seem like that. "I guess we'll never know." I said.

     "Well thank you again for forgiving me." My sister hugged me before walking to the door. "No problem but where are you staying?" I asked. "I found a house I can afford." She explained. "Oh okay then if you ever need us we'll be here!" I told her before she walked out the door.

     "I can't believe that's what happened." I frowned. "It's okay the past is the past. You can't change that." John sighed. "Yeah I guess."

     "So what did you need to ask me?" I turned and said to him. "Oh it's not important right now." John rubbed the back of his neck. "Ok then well you wanna go for a walk?" I asked. "Sure!" He replied.

Word count: 771

Sorry for the short chapter but you guys are gonna love the next one! Also I wanna say thank you for over 900 reads it's so close to 1k! I hope you guys enjoyed and check out my new book- Can I trust you? It's a Philip x reader. Bye my peeps!
                                                                                                ~PEGGY💋