chapter 4

Omniscient Third person:

Hiccup had recovered quickly with his mother's love and care. It took two days until he could move without screaming in pain; he asked if he could create a forge to make a new tail fin for Toothless and a leg for himself. She agreed and brought in rocks and firewood. Toothless started a fire, and Valka brought some metal, fabric, and some more wood she found. It took him the whole day, but he could finish Toothless's tail fin and create a new foot that could work with the pedals on Toothless's saddle. After he strapped it on, he needed to get used to it. He would walk around the room he was staying in with the help of Toothless and his mother until he got the hang of walking with his fake leg on his own. That night, Valka sat by her son until he fell asleep. Oh, I had missed out on my son's childhood, but we are together now, she thought as she pushed some stray hairs out of Hiccup's face. Toothless laid his head on her lap, which caused her to turn to the dragon. "Awww, and I haven't forgotten about my newest baby," she said, laughing as she scratched him behind the ear. He closed his eyes and purred at her touch. She turned back to Hiccup to make sure she hadn't woken him. They haven't talked about their current lives much; she was busy helping her son recover while focused on recovering. They have, however, bonded in means of comfort. It was awkward. First, they had to admit. It's not every day you find out your mother was alive all this time. Would he hate me if he realized I actually could have gone back? She looked at her son. She believed that the only reason they had a connection was that he thought she was trapped, so what if he knew the truth? She hoped that it wouldn't make a difference, and if it did, a good one.

Third-person Valka:

Valka came into the room, carrying a cup of tea. It was actually her room, but she didn't tell him that. She didn't mind him staying there; after all, he is her son. She was loved sleeping with the dragons anyway. Today's the day I show my son what I was up to all these years..., Valka thought nervously. She hoped that he'd be okay with the fact that she was saving dragons this whole time. However, she had to do it if she wanted him to stay.

She was about to wake him with a motherly shake as she did every day; however, she decided to do something else. She, instead, woke Toothless. His eyes opened as he looked at her questioningly. She pointed to Hiccup and whispered with a mischievous grin, "you want to do the honor?" Toothless' eyes went playful when he finally understood what she meant. He snuck over to Hiccup and nudged him as slightly as Valka would.

"Morning mo- ew! Toothless!"

Valka and Toothless laughed as Hiccup jumped out if bed drenched in dragon saliva where Toothless licked him. Instead of getting angry, however, Hiccup joined in on the laughter and playfully exclaimed, "ah! You know that doesn't wash out!" Oh good! My son has a sense of humor! She thought happily.

"Come!" She said and darted from the room.

Third-person Hiccup:

"Whoa! Wait up, mom!" Hiccup yelled after her. She knows I'm still getting used to this thing! He thought as he tried to run after her, only to slip on ice as his metal leg came into contact. Toothless caught him before he could fall, which gave him an idea. He jumped on Toothless and said, "let's see what mom wanted to show us."

Even though Hiccup was on one of the fastest dragons of all the archipelago, she was still ahead, beckoning them. "Come on; we're almost there!" She said excitedly as she disappeared out an exit. "What is so... wow', Hiccup was immediately silenced at the sight that beheld him. Hundreds of dragons were flying peacefully around a huge opened glacier. Hiccup and Toothless searched the area for his mother when they saw something else. A huge dragon lay in the center of the magnificent glacier. They heard a shifting noise and looked up to see a stormcutter and Valka hanging upside down. Hiccup was speechless at sight, "this is, I can't, I mean..." he couldn't say the right words.