Chapter 19

Omniscient:

Two weeks after the battle and Toothless' ascension to Alpha, they finally had the wedding ceremony. It took that long to get all the planning and decorating ready, her wedding apperal, food, etc. Ruff was a great help, being the only girl, she was Astrid's best friend and made sure that EVERYTHING was perfect for her special day. They spoke of girly stuff and she even told Ruff about her secret. A surprise when Hiccup finds out, she just hoped that the surprise will remain hidden for just a slight bit longer.

Then, near the days, Astrid and Hiccup where seperated to do their traditional Viking rituals. Astrid's step mother helped her strip off her old clothing and any symbols of her virgin status. She then stored them away and told Astrid to give them to her first daughter. She was reluctant to give away all her beautiful clothing and the many things Hiccup has given her out of pure love, but she had to due to traditions. Then, Astrid "cleansed" herself in the village bathhouse. Her mother placed hot stones in the tub to produce steam, and she symbolically washed away her 'maiden status'. Once the bath was finished, she was then plunged into cold water, to close the pores and end the cleansing process, much to Astrid's disapproval. Her mother figure had told her many tips of being a proper wife, some causing Astrid to wish she'd never said yes...

Hiccup however underwent a different symbolic rituals. His father walked him through a Sword Ceremony. A morbid affair, but symbolic in the viking traditions.

Hiccup broke into the grave of his first namesake (Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the I) to retrieve the sword of his ancestor, which was placed there by his father. In order to obtain the sword, Hiccup had to enter the grave. This... is morbid... he thought as he reluctantly searched for the sword. Within a few short hours, he emerge successfully with the sword in hand. Stoick grasped his son by the shoulders, his eyes misty as he boomed, "Through this action, you entered death as a boy and emerged into a life a man, reborn, but the same. I'm... I'm so proud of you my son!"

He then lead Hiccup to the bath house to symbolically wash away his bachelor status and purify himself for the wedding ceremony. During his cleansing, Stoick gave tips on husbandly and fatherly duties, some which left Hiccup practically scared with images imbued in his mind.

The day of the wedding, both where prepared in different ways. She put on a plain white gown while Ruff and Astrid's Step mom worked on her hair. They made a hair crown while letting the rest fall to it's full length, followed by the actual wedding crown. Hiccup was given his uncle's axe, the only reminder left of his moody uncle Spitlout and his song worthy death. He wore his Night Rider armor and dragon scaled cape with his helmet and hood off. They exchanged gifts and vows and finally became wed. They had a massive party where everyone got drunk, sange, danced, and even shared the most embarrassing stories of their youth. It was loads of fun, and they had lots of fun.

Astrid still had no idea of she should tell Hiccup her secret yet, she didn't know how he'd react, but she knew she had to tell him some time.

But not tonight...

The next day, Hiccup left for a new and mysterious world. Astrid watched in puzzlement as the receding figure of her new husband left her behind. He was excited, he felt bad about Toothless not having a mate due to him having to see Hiccup and Astrid together so he has been doing some research in finding the perfect mate. Astrid sighed as she rubbed her temples and glance down at herself, she knew her secret was going to be exposed soon.

When he returns, I'll tell him, she thought with a great sigh as she and Stormfly walked back intovthe village.

When on the island, Hiccup was ecstatic to find a potential mate for Toothless! A light fury! It took some convincing, but he was finally able to bring the gorgeous dragon back to Berk to be Toothless's mate.

When seeing their return, Astrid was relieved, yet felt sick at the same time. When she saw the other dragon, she gasped. Hiccup landed and wiggled his brows at her dropped jaw and immediately dismounted Toothless. The black and white dragons darted into the forest to hopefully mate. Hiccup turned his full attention to his new wife and frowned. He could smell her nervousness and could almost feel the heat from her body. He took a step forward and braced the back of his hand to her forehead with a look ok f utmost concern upon his face. He cocked his head when he murmured, "no fever..."

"Hiccup?" Astrid asked nervously as she shuffled from leg to leg. Said Viking's eyes furrowed even deeper as he cocked his head to the other side. He didn't know if he liked the tone in her voice yet.

He braced himself for something bad when he asked, "yes?" As his mind raced, we were attacked! A dragon raid! Someone died! Dragon pocks! Eal crazed dragon! Another Alpha! Aliens-

"I'm pregnant."

Oh... wait what!

He then realized he yelled that last part out loud. She grabbed his hand and placed it on her belly, he felt the slight bump and a smile played across his lips as tears threatened to flow like a water fall.

"I'm... I'm going to be... a... a dad!"

***

Hiccup walked into the cove that he hasn't set foot into in ages with Toothless following close behind. He carried a box filled with his treasures of his past. This box wasn't fir the heir of Berk, no, it was for the heir of the next Night Rider. With Astrid's pregnancy getting more and more visible, it dawned on him that he needed to find out which of his kids or grandkids would be worthy enough to bare such a high responsiblity. If any that is.

"Anyone who can tame a nightfury, will be worthy enough to wear my armor", he says out loud to Toothless. The dragon purs as he glanced at the boulder he and Hiccup stood before.

It was the one, where Toothless was hiding behind when Hiccup first set foit into this cove.

The Viking set the box on the floor and gently opened it. Within held his armor, his sword Inferno, and his dragon scaled cape. He gingerly toiched his old mask, his heart cracking due to him feeling as if his heart and soul where to be left behind. Hiccup sighed as he turned to his best friend. "Hey bud, do you... do you mind helping with this?"

Toothless nodded and immediately rushed over to the base of the boulder and started to dig. When he reached the perfect level, he peeked his head out tilted his head, and gave Hiccup a toothless grin. The Viking chuckled as he picked up the box once more and walked it over to the hole, Toothless jumped out and watched as his friend gently dropped the box down and pushed the dirt back over it. He then carved the Strike class symbol into the boulder with pinpoint accuracy. When he stepped backwards to admire his work, the light fury, who Hiccup named 'Mist' flew in and watched as Hiccup sighed and turned around. Mist, seeing the human was distressed about something, nudged him with her snout and purred, eyes asking if he was alright.

"Yah", he sighed heavily as he glanced back at the boulder, his eyes growing misty, "I'm fine."

He then turned back to Toothless and Mist, patting the dragons' snouts as he left the cove. Toothless and Mist glanced back at the boulder and to Hiccup. They both knew he wasn't fine, he was now burdened with the weight of his father's entire tribe on his shoulders and he felt he could never be as good as his father was.

And speaking of father, he was now worrying about how good of one he could be.

One more chapter guys! Please point out errors!

Thanks for you all being awesome 😊