Chapter 13

Hiccup:

His first few weeks back were strange. He felt that he did yet didn't belong at Berk. Living in a house, sleeping in a bed, human interaction, they were all foreign to him for the last few years. But then, he slowly started getting used to it. The people who once made fun of him now welcomed him with open arms. People who ignored him wanted to know everything about his adventures. Gobber and Stoick seemed to be stepping on eggshells around Hiccup. Afraid of making a wrong move or saying the wrong thing and causing him to leave again. But what they didn't know was that Hiccup wasn't leaving this time. He was going to stay and train the vikings to train dragons.

Stoick wanted to hear everything that happened since Hiccup had left Berk. He told his father as much as he thought he could handle. He didn't tell him about his fight with the red death yet, nor about the dragon sanctuary, and deffinatly not about his mother. One step at a time Hiccup, one step at a time.

2 days later...

"All right", Hiccup said, clapping his hands together and rubbing them eagerly as he eyed the gang. They were standing in the arena with their dragons. "Today we are-". He heard the cry of a terrible terror and looked up. A small violet one dove at him and perched on his shoulder. Hiccup noticed a small piece of paper attached to it's leg. He untied it and the dragon flew off him and onto Toothless's head, who growled but didn't bother trying to get the puny dragon off. He laughed at the relative discomfort of his friend as he unfolded the paper and immediately recognized his mother's handwriting.

Dear my son,

When spying on the Dragon Trappers and that Drago Bludvist, I came to a startling find. See me as soon as possible, and bring NO ONE from your current location. As I'm sure you already know. I'm being cryptic incase this letter falls in the wrong hands. I'll be at the place where I first found you.

Love
-Mother

Hiccup folded the letter quickly and glanced at the assembled teens. "Practice flying, I'll be back. I have to go somewhere", Astrid started glaring at him as she crossed her arms. "Last time you left the island, you didn't come back until five years", she said, still glaring, she added, "I'm coming with you". Hiccup shook his head.

"My original plan was to not come back".

Astrid winced

"And your not coming. I need to do this alone".

She shook her head, "I'm coming. Especially now because it sounds like your doing something dangerous".

"No, it's not. I'm just meeting with someone who took care of me when I was gone".

"Oh, is it a girl?" Asked Ruffnut mockingly. However, comment only angered Astrid.

"Is it?"

"What?"

"A girl?"

"No! I mean yes. I mean, she is a she but not... no, like a- a mother in a way". Hiccup stared getting uncomfortable with the way Astrid's glare started getting deeper and deeper. "Then why don't you want me to meet her?"

Hiccup's face turned red, "it's... complicated...".

That wasn't the answer Astrid was looking for. She flared up and punched Hiccup in the arm. Without a word, she turned around, jumped on Stormfly and took off. Hiccup turned to Snotlout with a puzzled look on his face, "what did I say?"

He shrugged, "don't know, gave up on trying to figure her out a long time ago".

"Hey, I was just joking. But... is it a girl?" Hiccup turned to Ruffnut and glared at her. She recoiled slightly with her hands in the air, "alright, alright, sorry".