chapter 9

Since the last chapter was an all Hicstrid chapter, I'm making this a primarily Toothcup brotherhood chapter.

Hiccup:
He has woken to find the injured scuttleclaw sleeping on top of him and Toothless to his side, wing covering him like a shelter. Hiccup tried getting the scuttleclaw off without waking it, but that didn't go the way he planned. It woke and stared at him, "Sorry, bud," he said, scratching the little dragon's neck. He closed his eyes and purred happily. Poor guy, Hiccup thought sadly, 'scuttleclaws are usually crazy and listen to no one. You are lucky to have been found by me...', Hiccup smiled, "Lucky. I like it". He pet Lucky the Scuttleclaw, who continued to purr happily.

He snuck out from under Toothless's wing with Lucky soon following. He looked back at the sleeping form of the night fury and smiled. Hiccup then grabbed his bow and quiver and eyed the lake. He nocked an arrow and aimed at a decent-sized carp. He loosed it and hit the fish square in the eye. He genitally grabbed the fish with his arrow and threw it to the scuttleclaw. Lucky ate it in one gulp. The scuttleclaw chirped happily and looked at Hiccup expectedly. With the same arrow knocked, he shot a larger fish and threw it to Lucky. The small dragon caught it and limped to Toothless. He set the fish down and nudged Toothless lightly with his snout. He growled, but not in a malicious way; it was playful. He acts tuff, yet, has gone soft for Lucky. It's been three days since he had rescued the dragon. Hiccup was surprised at how close the dragons had become. Toothless didn't want to leave the injured dragon for too long, which affects their search for dragons, much to Hiccup's annoyance. He was, however, glad that Toothless had bonded with the wounded scuttleclaw. Sometimes he'd act like a stern yet loving mother, while other times, he could act like a grumpy grandpa.

"You know Toothless?" Hiccup started to say after they'd eaten breakfast, "let's take a break from finding dragons... no, no need to worry about Lucky, yes, that's the scuttleclaw's name now. I'll leave a letter for Astrid. She is bound to visit. She has come every day. She likes him, remember? She called him adorable... Come on, bud". Toothless rolled his eyes and got up, giving Hiccup, you better be right, look, and ate the rest of his fish. 'That's the Toothless I know and love!' Hiccup thought as he donned his helmet and cloak.

Hiccup waved at the scuttleclaw while upon Toothless's back and took to the skies. They climbed high into the clouds as fast as they could. Hiccup hunched low, and Toothless darted like an arrow through the clouds. Then he dove towards the sea. Hiccup switched Toothless to auto and stood on his back. He balanced like a surfer, "ready?" He asked Toothless. The dragon nodded, and Hiccup jumped. They hurtled towards the sea at speeds unmatched by anything in their era. Then, just before hitting the seafloor, Toothless grabbed Hiccup, and they shot back into the sky, laughing and having the time of their lives.

Astrid:
Ugh, they go off to have fun and leave me with the injured dragon, Astrid thought broadly as she absently stroked Lucky's head. When she arrived at the cove, she saw the letter on the fallen log attached by an arrow reading...

Dear Astrid,

Do you mind watching Lucky for us while we "search for dragons?" Okay, Toothless and I are bored, and we haven't had free time to ourselves since returning to Berk. Thank you very much! It won't be long... okay, it might be the whole day but hey, gets you away from your Husband-to-be... too soon?

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the III

She sighed again as she continued to stroke the cute pink scuttleclaw. "Well, at least I have you," she said with a smile as the small dragon nuzzled her hand affectionately.

Hiccup:
They flew close to the ocean at high speed. Hiccup embraced the cool ocean mist spraying upon his face. Thunderdromes started breaching the surface like a pod of whales breaking for a breath. Hiccup touched a purple one who was smaller than the others. She glanced at him happily before disappearing under the waves once again. With the sound of a sonic boom, they darted into the clouds again. This time, they were surrounded by timberjacks and spotted some whispering deaths and deadly nanners within the flock. Hiccup placed Toothless on auto once again and started traveling from his wing to an orange timberjack. He rubbed the dragon's neck, causing him to hum happily. He then jumped to a turquoise nanner and then to a blue timberjack who flew over Toothless. Hiccup jumped back onto his dragon, and they dove off from the migrating dragons.