Chapter 17

Okay, I was looking at old pictures I drew and....
HOLYF*CKLOOKATTHISITISSOCUTEANDICAN'TBELIEVEIDREWITWHENIWASAFRESHMAN!!!! 😄😄😄

But... Its sideways...

Hiccup:

Almost all of the vikings left Berk and made the five day journey to The Sanctuary. They where able to shave off two days for the vikings who where on ships changed shifts from day to night. The flying vikings stayed on islands not too far from the ships to rest up before continuing. Hiccup and Valka gave everyone a rundown about what they where truly up against and started briefing on the battle plans. He took suggestions from Gobber and his father as well as other vikings who gave good ideas but for the most part he wanted to bang his head in a wall at all the stupid suggestions he was given.

"No, we are not going to steal Mjölnir and use it in battle".

"No, we are not going to send our dragons to do all the fighting while we sit back and relax".

"That.... was disgusting Ruffnut. We are NOT going to throw dragon sh*t on Drago thank you very much".

"How do you deal with this all the time dad?" Hiccup sighed after arguing with the twins on how throwing dragon dung on Drago would be the best message from Berk ever. Stoick chuckled and clasped his beefy hand onto Hiccup's broad left shoulder. "Over time son, you will see. Not all vikings are the... brightest, but being chief, you must be able to be all their smarts combined. Some can be thoroughly intelligent, yet incredibly stubborn. Like myself.... and you", Stoick paused to the satisfying sound of Hiccup's laughter.

"Thats, for sure. But do I get it from you or mom?"

"The both of us more likely".

They both laughed full heartedly, then fell into a comfortable silence as they heard the laughter and the singing in the distance.

***

"Oh no", Hiccup breathed as they came upon the island and found the non-Berk ships already at the island. "DRAGON RIDERS! TO ME!" Hiccup cried as he urged Toothless to fly faster. They rocketed towards the ships at a blinding speed while the others tried but failed to keep up. Hiccup's mind raced a million miles per second with all the abhorred possibilities of what might happen if they are too late...

No! Hiccup, it's fine, they only had just arrived... damn! And we thought there was more time too!

"Hiccup!!!!" Astrid's voice came from the distance causing Hiccup to arch pull back on the saddle to slow Toothless' speed. The dragon roared in discomfort and glared back at his friend as Hiccup glanced majestically behind him watching as Astrid and Stormfly struggled to keep up. Hiccup hovered in the air and took a deep breath as he suspected a scolding from the other night. He's had a feeling that she has been avoiding him throughout the whole trip but completely understood and had an apology ready.

When she was upon him, he was about to speak his long and poetic apology when she beat him to it, "Hiccup, I'm sorry. I tried to rush our relationship too quickly-".

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have ran", he interrupted, then thought for a second and added, "or maybe flew away is a better term?" She laughed and glanced behind him at the ships. "At least I know you forgive me, so if we die today-".

"Which we aren't".

"Then at least I know my husband-who-would-have-been has forgiven me", Astrid said with a small smile. Hiccup returned her smile and they both flew way ahead of the thunder of dragons in their wake.

***

The moment they hit the island, they where bombarded by catapults. "Dad, Gobber, Ruff, Tuff, and Snotlout, destroy the catapults. Astrid, Fishlegs, Holda, Beowulf, and Edmund, you guys destroy the ships. Imma, Nore, Spitlout, Frejia, Guts, and Grumpmoss, you guys should start raining Helheim on Drago's men until our armada arrive. Mom, you and I will check on the Bewilderbeast of this sanctuary. And Astrid, if you see the enemy Bewilderbeast, tell me immediately, we will be just in there-", he pointed at the icy mound of mountain causing her to nod in understanding, "-now go!"