Chapter 6

To save time, I'm going only to write the name. It will always be the third person unless I write (person's name) POV.

Hiccup:
They never learn, Hiccup thought with malice as he and Toothless flew off into the chilling night breeze. They think from their weapons and not their brain. Things didn't seem to change while I've been gone... "We are going to stay at the cove, bud, you remember, right?", Hiccup said asked. Toothless purred at the name of the place where he and his rider bonded. Though it had many painful reminders for both of them, its good greatly outweighed the bad.

When landing, they were thankful to have to unpack little. Hiccup only needed his blanket, tankard, and tools. They usually hunted, and Toothless provided shelter, so there was no need to take anything else. Since Hiccup had been living with Toothless, he had picked up on many habits. Being nocturnal is one of them. He smiled, remembering how irritated his mother gets when it's 2 in the afternoon, and they were still fast asleep. Mother would be glad that we will act "normal" for a change, Hiccup thought, humoring himself as he lay next to Toothless's belly. Hiccup scanned the cove as he fell asleep. This place hasn't changed a bit.

It was late afternoon when Hiccup and Toothless awoke from their sleep. They were exhausted from their flight yesterday. How many dragons are on Berk? He asked himself as he took off his helmet and splashed water on his face. He didn't want to stay on Berk any longer than he had to..., even if this place used to be my home, he thought to himself bitterly. He stared at himself in the reflection, wondering if the village would recognize him, especially his father, Gobber, and... and Astrid? "Oh, the Gods hate me," he mumbled. Why don't I give her up? Toothless perked up and gave him a questioning look, "it's alright bud, I'm just thinking of... 'you know who'". Toothless gave Hiccup a "your kidding, right?" Face. Hiccup smiled and splashed Toothless with the water.

They waited until night fell when they made their rounds. Hiccup strained his eyes and ears for the slightest signs of life in the dark forest below. Toothless also scanned the ground with much more ease than the human. There has got to be more than one monstrous nightmare on this island, Hiccup thought, thoroughly annoyed at their slow progress. "Why can't these dragons just show themselves so we can just help them and leave?" Toothless grunted in agreement. He didn't want to be here as much as Hiccup. They've been avoiding the village, fearing the chance that one will notice them and think that there is another raid. Perhaps the dragons are closer to the village. After all, that monstrous nightmare was pretty close. "All right, we are going to go closer to the village," Hiccup said to Toothless. He sighed but didn't protest. They flew closer to the treetops to avoid detection and get a better view of the forest floor.

Hiccup spotted something scuttle through the trees. "There!" He pointed excitedly, and Toothless dove towards the forest floor. Once they hit, Hiccup jumped off, crouched down, and listened closely. Since living with dragons, his sense got more acute, so it wasn't much straining to hear a dragon's breathing to his left. He slowly turned and held out his hand, "I'm not going to hurt you," he said sternly yet kindly. He saw and heard a rustle of the bushes as a hesitant grayish-blue colored dragon with a stinger, reddish eyes, and two flightless wings on its back coming towards him. Ah, a sharp classed dragon, speed stinger. Hiccup kept his hand extended and slowly lifted his other to show that he was unarmed. The dragon, once knowing Hiccup was not a threat, placed his head into his hand. He's more accepting than that monstrous nightmare, Hiccup thought. Once he removed his hand, Hiccup motioned for Toothless to do his part, explain where to go. Once the speed stinger knew what to do and where to go, he ran off as fast as a bolt of lightning. Two down, Thor knows how many left, Hiccup thought with a great sigh as he mounted Toothless. They shot up as quickly as the speed stinger ran.