Chapter 18

Toothless:

No... he thought as he saw the Bewilderbeast crumble to the ground. Almost immediately, he heard the summons of his new master and started shaking his head, no, NO! You will NOT... CONTROL... ME!!!

Toothless roared and started to shake rapidly as he tried to fight the giant dragon trying to control his mind. "Hey bud! Watch out! Ground!" Upon hearing his best friend's voice, he had a momentary minute of clearness. He was able to land safely and allow Hiccup to dismount before it started again. Toothless roared and clawed the ground as he tried desperately to resist.

You cannot resist long little dragon, the voice of the Bewilderbeast crooned in his mind, my master might be dead, but I still abide by his last wish. To destroy all vikings who have laughed at him, branded him an outcast. Have your human and yourself join me. He also was abandoned wasn't he? Didn't all these people laugh at him? Torment him? Hate him? We can teach them ALL a lesson!

"Toothless?" Hiccup's voice called out. Toothless saw only the blurry outline of his friend through the red haze over his eyes.

Little dragon? Come with us!

"Toothless, stay with me."

Little dragon!?

"Bud?"

Join us!

"Bud, come back to me."

Toothless started to calm down and block out the sound of the Bewilderbeast's calls. Night Fury! The alpha calls, but Toothless ignored him. He concentrated on Hiccup's voice and face. "Yes bud, thats right. Good boy, come on Toothless. You are stronger than him, I know it!" Hiccup continued in a soothing voice. Toothless continued to listen, drawn to his best friend's voice. His vision started to clear and the last thing he heard from the alpha was a faint NO!

"YES! There you are-", Hiccup wasn't able to finish, for he was blasted with ice causing Toothless to roar in terror.

Stoick:

Skullcrusher started acting funny, but he tried holding out until they made it to Toothless. Just as they landed, Skullcrusher finally let the Bewilderbeast take over and he, along with all the others flew towards the alpha. Drago, I swear-

Just then he heard a roar and saw Toothless freaking out and Hiccup trying to call him. Stoick immediately glanced around, looking for something, anything, just in case he needed to put the dragon down. He found an axe next to his... his fallen brother. Spitlout laid peacefully on the floor, his eyes looking at the clouds above. Stoick turned and saw that his brother's axe was embedded into an opponent's belly. Years stung his eyes as he knelt down and closed his eyes. 'May you make it to Valhalla safely brother', he whispered as he biwed his head. A single tear streaking down the chief's face as he glanced back up at his son and his dragon.

The night fury was calmer, and Hiccup seemed to be speaking to him. Come on Toothless! Come on! Stoick silently cheerd. He still grabbed the axe, just in case. He rubbed the blade gently as he sighed in pure misery, but he couldn't let his brother's death haunt his mind at this moment. He needed to save his son. He didn't see Gobber after battling Drago, but he knew he would be fine. Gobber is as stubborn as myself, he thought with a chuckle.

"YES!-", he heard his son yell, but the rest of his words where whisked away by the ear splitting roar the alpha let out. "NO!" Stoick heard behind him causing him to turn and see Valka running his way dragging an unconscious Astrid behind her. "The alpha! He-", she pointed and just as Stoick looked, he saw as his son was incased in ice.

Renegade  (a HTTYD runaway story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara