Chapter 15

I wrote in povs that I rarely write in or haven't written at all in this chapter so yeah...

Toothless:

Ever since Hiccup returned from meeting his mother, Toothless could practically smell the fear and concern that radiated from his friend. He also smelled the stress and many other pent emotions that his rider has been keeping within. Now, it has been two weeks since then, and his stress only grew.

He had to admit, he was worried about his rider.

Hiccup has a habit of... basically placing the weight of the world on his shoulders, Toothless would think each time he smelled his rider's stress. The night fury tried as much as he could to confort and/or relive his rider's stress, but he's recently felt that his attempts where kinda in vain.

Granted, he was able to alleviate some of his stress, but eventually Hiccup would return to his stressed state. Toothless knew that that much stress could kill anything, even a dragon. He remembered when he was under the queen's control, he had as much, if not more, stress than Hiccup. And he remembered that he was afraid that he would die of a heart attack under her oppression, however; being with Hiccup gave him the strength and confidence to face his oppressive ruler and save his friends.

Now, he wanted to be that light for Hiccup, like he was to Toothless. He wanted to help him defeat whoever was threatening him, and relieve the stress of whatever Hiccup was going through.

Valka:

Valka has been watching one of Drago's dragon hunting ships for about a week now. She and Cloudjumper have become experts at shadowing ships, for they had about twenty or more years of doing so. Currently, they were resting on a small Island until the ship was too far for even the dragon to see. She hunched low on the stormcutter's back, her eyes narrowed so she could see the small boat in the distance.

Cloudjumper crooned softly as he felt her discomfort. Valka smiled and pat her friend on the neck, causing him to let out a satisfied warble. She pulled out her map and traced a finger of their voyage. Curiously,  it wasn't taking a normal route which surprised her.

It looks like it's going towards... she traced her finger to a specific island she had lived for about the past twenty years and let out a gasp.

By Thor, Hiccup! I have to tell him that I finally know his plan!

Toothless POV:

I stayed by Hiccup's left side as he sat on the roof of his house... sorry... our house. He was lost in thoughts that seemed unpleasant, so I wrapped my left wing around him and stared at him with concern. He snapped out of whatever thoughts he had with a jolt and glanced towards me. He gave me that awkward grin as he said, "thanks bud", then his smile fell as he gazed off towards the sea.

"I just", he continued, "I've been thinking about what mother said, about Drago. What if he does have a bewilderbeast...".

I snorted and gave him my best 'really?... REALLY?' look.

"What?" He replied.

I gave him my best determined look and he got what I was trying to say.

"Yah, your right, we are in this... together".

I nodded letting small excited warbles as I nuzzled his hand. I heard a satisfied chuckle as he said, "you always know how to cheer me up, don't you Toothless?"

I lifted my head to meet his eyes and nodded, then lay my head against his leggs and closed my eyes. He chuckled again and started scratching behind my ears.