Ch.5-Answers and Old Sparks.

To her surprise Derick was being a gentleman,he opened the door for her before they walked in and pulled her chair out for her.He also gave a better reaction than Harry had before,"Wow,I still can't believe it's you"He said as he stared at her with a look he had never given her before.Still,Sam was not going to be fooled by a pretty face dark blue eyes,she preferred green."Thank you"Sam replied,looking down at her menu."Sam"he said now calling her with a serious tone,his expression that followed matched.Surprised Sam" answered timidly"Yeah?"afraid of what he could possibly say she braced herself a moment."What ever went wrong"he said looking at her,holding her gaze."I don't know,you tell me"she said now breaking the moment."Seriously,one day you tell me that you like me, the next you say you think it's better that I go out with Mandy"he said now sounding a bit more demanding."What are you talking about"Sam was confused ."I always did like you Sam ,but I guess you didn't believe i could like you back"he said reaching for her hand."I never said I would rather you go out with her,where did you hear this from?"she said now curious to what was going on,what had happened back then for real she thought to herself.

"Mandy told me the following day that you decided that she and I would make the better couple and that you mistook your feelings for me"he explained."Still part of me refused to believe that I saw the way you looked at me and it was a way Ive never seen anyone look at me not even till this day"he went on.Sam was taken back by this her heart suddenly began to race as he stared at her with those dark blue eyes she once admired."Are you ready for me to take your order"a voice hoovered over them breaking the tension."Yes,I'll just have your special"he said in a hurry."The same"Sam said wanting to hurry and hear what he had to say.

As the waiter walked away they returned to the same tension.He held her hand once more now holding it tighter .On instinct she quickly enter twined her fingers with his,she felt old feelings rushing back to the surface."You know that wasn't true at all,in someways i guess it was"she said looking down."I did like you as much as you thought maybe even more,but i did think you and her made the better couple"she said explaing holding back built up emotions .Noticing an almost crying Sam"Sammy I never forgot about those feelings,It may look like I did maybe because I tried to hide them"."No it was not you're fault it was my own insecurities that let you slip away"she said holding his hand tighter."Yes it was my fault as much as yours , I never bothered to ask for an explanation" he said looking at her eyes deeply.She felt as though she could reach over and just kiss him.A one direction ring tone from a table across from them broke the trance,she instantly thought about Harry and how he was the one she really loved.However,that was an impossible.

"Sammy"derick now with a serious expression."Let's go back to when you and I were supposed to be"

Sam wanted to to say yes lets go away together and forget everyone,someone she wanted, someone she once loved loved her back.Quickly realizing she knew she didn't love him ,but she loved him ,past tense, that was the thing the real answer she had in her mind.Letting go of his hand now"I'm sorry,but that was a long time ago,I've already fallen in love with someone else"she said staring back at him."Well this sucks he said leaning back in his chair running his fingers through his short, black wavy hair."No!,he said sitting up straight now."I'm going to try my best to win you back Sammy"he said determined to get the message across."here's your order"the food had finally arrived finally giving them a reason to break away from the conversation.

The night finally came to and end and he walked her to her steps of the hotel they were staying at."Well Sammy"he said taking her hand lightly,"I'm going to win you back no matter what".Sam said nothing she simply smiled and gave him a light kiss on the cheek,the first time she'd ever kissed a boy on the cheek that wasn't her father."Good night Derick"she said as she closed the door.The night was over and she sat on the couch near by and thought about what had occurred tonight.From harry to Derick,she thought about how harry was never going to feel the same.Somewhere deep inside she hoped that Derick would make a comeback and make her fall in love him once more.She went to bed thinking Derick please do your best.