Chapter 30--Welcome to Miami

Logan

The first thing I hear waking up is the sound of birds and seagulls. Opening an eye, I can't believe I can feel the rays of the sun flooding into the room and onto my face. It's winter after all, but just outside it looks like summer. A small smile manages to crawl onto my face as I look at the skyline in the distance. For a few seconds, I'm a peace. I don't remember anything and all I have time to do is enjoy the view and sunlight. But then everything crashes forward like a ton of bricks.

"Wake up Sleeping Beauty," Pierce walks into the room, an apron tied around his body. "I made some pancakes and cinnamon apple syrup," He says with a grin.

I smile, sitting up on Aaron's old bed. Rubbing sleep out of my eyes I look up at Pierce—Aaron's younger brother. His sandy hair is neatly combed to the side, smile as bright as ever. I yawn, "I love cinnamon apple syrup."

"I know," Pierce heads out of the room. "Aaron told me."

I smirk, Figures.

I took up Aaron's offer to come visit him in Miami. Last night after arriving, I was happily greeted by Pierce. We goofed around a bit but overall, I was happy to see him and he seemed glad to see me. Pierce and I are closer in age which is why we sometimes act more like brothers than friends. Aaron looked over the both of us as we grew up. I guess that makes us all brothers by default.

Aaron himself was overly joyed when he realized I would be staying for the weekend. The only person who doesn't know who I am is Parker—Aaron's girlfriend. Yeah, the three of them all live together. It's a long story, but I'm sure it's one you'd enjoy if you have the time to check it out.

Anyways, Parker was slightly confused when she first saw me. Apparently, Aaron hasn't told her anything about me or our other friends. He's always been a secretive person, but it did kind of hurt seeing that he didn't want to tell her about us. I can understand why, I just wish he wouldn't hide so much away.

Quickly stretching, I reach over to grab some clothes from my backpack. I throw on a tank top and sweatpants before heading into the kitchen. Just as I sit down at the small table, Parker walks in. She's yawning, dragging her feet across the tiles basically zombie walking towards me. As far as first impressions go, I had a good one about Parker. She's essentially the female version of Aaron minus the rough past and broken history.

"Good morning," I say with a slight smirk as she sits across from me.

She groans slightly, laying her forehead on the table. I almost laugh. Her brunette hair literally looks like it belongs to a zombie. There's a slight bit of make-up smudged on one side of her face like she didn't even bother taking it off from last night. Her pajama pants have weird stains on them. The only clean article of clothing she's wearing is her T-shirt which I'm pretty sure belongs to Aaron.

"Are you a morning person too?" Parker asks as she finally looks up. She leans on her hand, elbow on the table. Eyes closed like she's trying to get a few more minutes of sleep. There's a batch of fresh coffee steaming in the middle of the table, but it doesn't look like Parker has the energy to pour some into her mug.

"Not really," I say honestly.

Parker showed me around Miami last night. It was when I first realized how little she knows about Aaron. But he made me swear to not give a lot away. I tried avoiding every subject that involved Aaron even though Parker kept asking. Eventually, I had enough confidence to show her my scars. It's odd because I don't openly show my scars to people. But if Aaron was willing to give her the leather jacket, it has to mean this girl is going to stay quite a while.