↣ Chapter Three ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

C L U B 

P A N D E M O N I U M 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Clubs. You could find one in almost any city, especially in America. And you could find one on almost every street in New York. Clubs were those kind of places you went to when you just wanted to let loose and forget the world around you. They were filled with sweaty bodies, entangled together in a rhythmic dance of drunken haziness, and most people were sure that the smoke filtering through the smoke machines were full of hallucinogens to make you feel more drugged up than ever.

The music was so loud that it caused the ground to vibrate, not that the dancers noticed, they didn't really notice anything. It also made you shout so much that your throat aches, not that anyone really noticed for they were too busy throwing tequila shots down their throats to notice that their throats were sore. Lips made their way over necks, bruising skin, while hands trailed over intimate body parts. And yet nobody even cared, for what that was clubs were for. To let loose.

"I'll have two more shots of that!" ordered Chris. He could see Magnus at the other side of the club, in his own seat, with other Downworlders crowding around him. Pandemonium was mostly a Downworlder club, and served as a place of refuge for those trying to get away from humans, although there were a few humans who managed to get in. Chris wasn't with Magnus though, Chris was by himself.

Chris liked clubbing by himself, it allowed him to get in the middle of all the sweaty dancers and just sink away into the drunk oblivion. It allowed him to forget all the troubles that plagued his mind, and even though he had Caroline to find, he knew he needed nights to himself, where he could just forget about the things that ate away at him. Chris wasn't a very social person, but once he was drunk enough he was sure to talk to anyone. Well, if you could call it talking. He was lonely, and he would flirt with anyone who allowed him too.

Chris downed both shots, of whatever it was that he had picked out, and made his way back into the hazy crowd. Already his vision was beginning to blur slightly, whenever Chris got drunk things seemed to slow down slightly and when he moved it took the world a bit of time to catch up. Sometimes it made him feel dizzy, but other times, he just stopped noticing. He wasn't clumsy, actually Chris was very graceful, and that didn't change when he was drunk, instead he just floated around, touching, kissing, loving everyone and everything around him.

"Hey," slurred a voice beside him, and he turned, looking down at the tanned hispanic standing at his shoulder.

"Hey," smirked back Chris, moving so that he now faced the boy. He was pushed forward, his hands shooting out to latch themselves onto the shoulder of the tanned guy, whose own arms wrapped around Chris' waist to keep him upright.

"You alright?" asked the boy, raising furry eyebrows at Chris. He could see that this boys jawline was uneven, and yet he was still absolutely gorgeous. But then he scar the scars peeking out from under the guys shirt. Werewolf.

"Absolutely, wolf boy," Chris straightened himself back up, pulling his shirt down to where it was meant to be. The werewolf boy rolled his eyes, taking in the few necklaces around Chris' neck.

"Let me guess, warlock?"

Chris nodded towards the bar, his hand squeezed the werewolf's shoulder, spinning him around slightly. "You want a drink?" he asked, his deep voice melting into the werewolf's ear. It made the boy shudder against him, but he moved forward, causing Chris to smirk. From across the club, Magnus shook his head, watching the exchange. He knew the werewolf, a young boy, Zach, but he knew that Zach was nothing like Chris and he wasn't the right type of person to make him open up. He'd be better suited as a friend to Chris, and maybe that would be good for the other warlock. Zach would be someone else in the city that he would know. So, Magnus got to his feet, buttoning up his jacket and getting ready to interfere.

"So, can I know your name or can I just keep calling you the hot werewolf in my head?" the werewolf laughed, asking for two whiskeys for him and Chris.

"You can call me whatever you want," he winked back, making Chris chuckle. "But i'm Zach," Chris nodded, not even bothering to thank the barman for his drink before he turned back to Zach.

"Chris," replied the curly haired warlock. It was then, as they were introducing themselves and flirting with one another, that another warlock arrived. He was donned in a beautiful, sparkling pink shirt, his black hair was streaked with gold and he was sparkling from head to toe. Magnus Bane sure knew how to make an entrance.

"Ah Christopher," they all saw Chris physically stiffen. Magnus still didn't know why Chris hated his name so much, why it pained him to hear it. He wanted to know the memories, the reasons behind the averted eyes and the sunken face. But that expression changed back into the indifferent one he used when he was hiding all the emotions he was feeling.

"Magnus Bane?" Zach asked, his mouth falling open slightly.

"That's right, now are you flirting with my boyfriend or you just trying to be friendly?" Chris' eyes widened at Magnus as Zach turned a bright red, spluttering as he looked between Magnus and Chris. The glittering, Asian warlock was smirking, his fingers trailing over Chris' hand, while the blonde, younger werewolf glared at him.

"Um I didn't know, I didn't-" but Chris cut Zach off, his eyes narrowed at Magnus, so fiercely it made the werewolf shrink back a little.

"We're on a break," growled out Chris, snatching his hand away from Magnus, whose eyes glinted mischievously at the younger warlock beside him. Chris did not share the same enthusiasm. He knew Magnus hated him bringing other Downworlders home with him, but he didn't expect this. Would Magnus do this everywhere just to make Chris stop?

"Oh um, well it was nice to meet you Chris," and just like that, the curly blonde had to watch the hot werewolf run away from him, leaving his half drunken drink on the counter. Chris watched the retreating form of the drunk werewolf, as he stumbled, red in the face, and quick to get away from what he thought were an arguing couple.

"I swear to god, Magnus!" Magnus only grinned at his drunken friend, taking him by the shoulder and leading him over to where he usually sat.

"Zach is a nice boy, very lovely, very excitable, but not the one for you," Chris raised his eyebrow at Magnus, watching as he twisted the rings on his fingers.

"And you know who the one for me is?"

"Well, not yet I don't."

"Then don't go ruining things like that, oh for christs sake Magnus, can't you just leave me alone," and then Chris disappeared into the crowd, and Magnus had to watch him leave. He let out a breath between his teeth, now sure Magnus hadn't done what was right, but he had done what he thought was good. Chris would sleep with Zach for one night, but he needed more than that. He needed a friend, a confidant, someone he could rely on to be there for him, and Magnus was pretty sure that that someone could be Zach.

As long as Chris tried hard enough to befriend the werewolf, instead of just using him to get rid of all the demons plaguing his mind. 

Whatever they may be.