↣ Chapter Five ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

D E M O N 

S U M M O N I N G 

S U M M O N I N G 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

"Ah, much better," Magnus sighed, after he had pretty much moved the loft he shared with Chris across Brooklyn, into a much better location. Easier for them to hide, he thought. They had been caught once, and being caught again couldn't happen. It also gave Magnus that shake that would make him get a move on with finding Caroline.

"Ugh, it's inevitable," the only people left where the Shadowhunters, Chris and Magnus. The redhead, Calry, daughter of Jocelyn Fairchild, was sat behind Chris on the back of the couch. The blonde boy, a Wayland, was pushed against one of the columns, his arms crossed over his chest. And the two Lightwoods were looking more gorgeous than ever by doing absolutely nothing. "After each move, I get the itch to redecorate." Chris stood up from the couch, dusting his backside off. He felt his stomach grumble and frowned, looking towards the kitchen.

"Magnus, dude, do you have food?" the Lightwood girl, with the long dark hair and the beautiful figure, giggled at the blonde haired warlock. Magnus rolled his eyes, and motioned towards the kitchen, causing Chris to smirk and wink at Alec as he passed. Alec's eyes widened slightly and he had to gulp to keep himself in check. As Chris made himself a ham and cheese sandwich, with peanut butter instead of butter, he heard Magnus say something about a dirty lair and let out a chuckle.

"You're gonna wanna clean my room then Magnus!" Chris shouted, putting the peanut butter back in the fridge. He walked back through to the apartment living room, taking notice of the change in carpet and the new table. He looked back at Clary, noticing her staring around at the apartment in awe. He grinned, moving over to talk to her. There was something about the girl which reminded him of Caroline, and though it hurt his heart at first, it also brightened him a little. He was missing Caroline so much, her smile, her laugh, the hugs she would give him when she thought he was being too depressing. He really wanted her back, he ached to have his sister to talk to again, but she wasn't there, and if Clary was anything like Caroline, then maybe she would help him feel a little better.

"Clary right?" out of the corner of his eye, Chris saw Magnus drop the necklace in front of Isabelle, who shook her head at him. Chris had never seen such a beautiful necklace before, with a deep ruby in the centre, and the glimmering silver of the chain.

"Yeah," she looked deep in thought, and a little bit troubled. Chris wanted to ask her about it, but he was too concerned with his own demons to really care about anyone else's. That was wrong of him, of course, but he was so caught up in his own entangled and dark thoughts that anyone else's were just too much for him to handle.