↣ Chapter Twenty One ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

W E D D I N G 

C R A S H E R S 

C R A S H E R S 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Nerves. They settle in the pit of your stomach and eat away at your soul. They break your bones and freeze your veins. They cause you to shake so much you can't stand and you feel like you might throw up everywhere. Your heart stops and you grasp at every little bit of air that you can breath but it doesn't work. You just start feeling worse and worse and worse.

Chris sat on the edge of his bed, his hands shaking so bad that Caroline had to button up his shirt for him. Catarina sat on the chair by his desk, swiping eye-shadow over her eyelids and talking to her son in a way to comfort the nerves in his stomach.

Magnus was sitting behind Chris, fixing his hair and massaging his shoulders. He had gotten back from Ragnor's with the news that the older warlock was dead. Chris and Carrie had left Magnus and Catarina to cry by themselves, mourning the loss of their friend. But now they were better and they were trying to get themselves ready for executing their plan.

This plan. This plan that Chris was adamant would never work. This plan that scared him more than anything else in the world. This plan that would embarrass him forever if it didn't go exactly right. This plan that would change his life if it did.

The plan? He was going to crash Alec and Lydia's wedding. That was it, that was the plan. He was going to crash the wedding and tell the raven haired Shadowhunter that he was more in love with him than the moon was in love with the stars.

You can see why he was feeling nervous.

"Magnus, make him a cup of tea," ordered Catarina. Her voice was soft yet still demanding as she picked up her favourite dark lipstick. The burgundy matched the satin dress she wore. Caroline's dress was pink. Magnus' suit was burgundy too, to match Catarina.

"Don't you think a whiskey would be better?" Magnus asked.

"No, tea, now!" Magnus rushed away, noticing the urgency in Catarina's voice. If there was one way to calm Chris down - if Carrie couldn't do it - then it was to make him a sweet cup of tea.

When Magnus came back, he handed the "Warlocks Do It Better" mug over to Chris. But Chris' hands were shaking too much, he tried holding the cup but the brew splashed everywhere and Caroline had to jump back to stop herself from getting burned. Magnus took the mug back, and snapped his fingers, cleaning Chris' new suit.

"I don't think I should do this." Chris' voice was shaky as they helped him to his feet. His knees based off each other, he could hardly stand. Catarina sighed and motioned for Caroline and Magnus to leave them, so they did.