↣ Chapter Nine ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

D R I N K 

B R E A K 

B R E A K 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Sleep is a naturally recurring state of mind and body, characterized by altered consciousness, relatively inhibited sensory activity, inhibition of nearly all voluntary muscles, and reduced interactions with surroundings.It is distinguished from wakefulness by a decreased ability to react to stimuli, but is more easily reversed than the state of being comatose.

Chris was very deeply in his own state of sleep. His dreams replaying memories of Caroline and her divination cards, of Alec and the way he had grinned at Chris, at Clary's flash of orange hair, of Magnus' magic and Izzy's runes and Jace's beefiness. He could see it all in his sleep, his body immobile and his whole being relaxed. But he had been awakened, roused from his sleep, woken up, whatever you want to call it by a shout.

The shout at first had made his whole body shoot up, his head hit the door and that pain had caused him to jump to his feet. The apartment was shaking, and Chris already knew the reason why. Magnus. It hadn't taken him long, maybe seven seconds, to get from his room and into their living area where Magnus was trying to save Luke, who was groaning pretty loudly. Clary was at Chris' door in seconds. She was speaking, probably trying to explain what had happened, but Chris couldn't hear her, he was too focused on the fact that Magnus looked like he was going to pass out literally any second.

Chris rushed forward, taking a hold of Magnus and trying to pry him away from Luke. The older warlock with the caramel highlights in his spiked up hair and the sparkling shirt tried to argue with him, but his voice was weak and his body limp. Chris quickly promised to help and set Magnus to the side, his head resting in Clary's lap while Chris took his place.

The once blue magic was replaced with the neon green to show that it was Chris and not Magnus who was doing the work. Every warlock had their own colour of magic, Catarina's was a deep bronze, reminding Chris of one and two pennies back in Oxford, while Caroline's had been a mixture of purples, reminding him of the plums they used to grow in Italy.

The magic that was needed to keep Luke from transforming into an Alpha and tearing them all to shreds was very taxing on a warlock, especially one like Chris who was still pretty tired from being awoken so quickly. He felt his body grow weak, but he knew he needed to concentrate on keeping Luke from turning. He needed to make sure none of them got killed by a rather large and ravenous dog, which meant that if need be, he would have to kill himself by using all the magic and energy that was in his body.

But then, just as he felt his head begin to spin and the corners of his vision started to turn black, there was a hand on his back. He looked to see Alec kneeling beside him, holding him up. His lip quirked up suddenly at the sight of the gorgeous Shadowhunter.