↣ Chapter Six ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

B E S T 

F R I E N D S 

F R I E N D S 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Some people don't experience hangovers. Some people do. Sometimes people experience them and sometimes people don't. Sometimes people hated them and sometimes people don't care. But it was that whole hangover feeling. The dizziness when you stood up, when the world spun so fast you felt like you were in a washing machine. It was when people talked and you couldn't concentrate on them because there was a fly on the ceiling, and that was way more interesting. It was the sweat the beaded together at the top of your head, running down your face. The nausea that ensued everytime you smelt food. The anxiety and discomfort of not being able to move.

Chris however, didn't get hangovers that often. He could drink until the bar was empty, and he'd be fine. But the night before had been one where he needed to go drink more than one bar dry, and so he had woken up feeling like he was going to puke everywhere. And then Magnus had offered him food and Chris really did puke. It hadn't been fun, and even when Magnus made him phone Alec, he could still taste it in his mouth.

The phone rang in his ear, causing his head to spin even more. He just wanted to lie down, but that just made him feel worse. Lying down made him feel like he was on a boat, a boat that was in the middle of a tsunami. It took maybe five rings, five excruciatingly long rings, before Alec finally picked up.

"Hello, who is this?" asked Alec. Chris felt his knees go weak. Alec sounded even sexier over the phone.

"Alexander, hi," Chris cleared his throat a little, having to sit down on the edge of a chair. He felt like he was going to fall back, so instead he grabbed the top of the chair to keep him steady. "It's Chris," he let out a breath, and noticed Magnus standing in the kitchen. He held a glass of water, and Chris suddenly noticed how parched he was. He hated hangovers. "We met the other day, you know, with the demon and stuff." That felt like ages ago. Chris couldn't remember how long had it been. He had spent a whole day drinking, so maybe two days.

"Uh yeah," replied Alec. "Yeah, hey, what's up?" Chris was glad that Alec didn't ask how he had gotten the number, because he didn't actually know how Magnus got the number. All Magnus had done was hand him the phone which had already had the number saved into it.

"I was just thinking it was really nice getting to know you," Magnus handed the water to Chris once he entered the kitchen, sitting down at the kitchen island to rest his head against the cold marble. "You seem, I dunno, sympathetic, kind, sweet, cute," Chris listed off, watching Magnus sift through the fridge. He had no idea what he was looking for, but if it was food, Chris didn't want it. Actually, Chris craved coffee. But Magnus didn't have any.