↣ Chapter Twelve ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

S O U L 

F R I E N D S 

F R I E N D S 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Friendship is a type of relationship between two people who care for each other. But a definition so dry doesn't do the closeness between two friends justice. A friend is that person you turn to when you need a spider to be killed. A friend is that person who will buy you coffee or McDonalds when you're hungover and stuck in bed. A friend is that person who will go to Walmart with you and make buying groceries the most fun errand on the planet. A friend is that person who remembers you hate tomatoes on your sandwiches but like them in your salad.

Friendship is a thing that cannot be described in such a simple sentence as "a relationship between two people" because it is not simply a relationship. It's a caress of honesty; a squeeze of trust; an embrace of loyalty; a cherish of acceptance. Everything about friendship is important, even if two friends have known each other for a total of two weeks. Friendship is what made the sun rise and fall every day. It was what made the Earth spin around the sun.

Friendship is not just a relationship between two people who care for each other. It's something much more diverse and beautiful. And that was the exact reason why Chris was sitting in Zach's shitty apartment complaining about Lydia Branwell and the whole Shadowhunter community.

"I just don't see why that blonde bitch had to look like she had just walked through dog shit." Zach's apartment was open plan. From where he sat on the two-seater black couch - which was covered in more Cheeto dust and beer stains than Chris had ever seen before - he could see not only the kitchen, but also the bedroom. The only room that could not be seen was the bathroom, but that was because the door was closed, and nobody really wanted to see a bathroom. Zach's apartment, unlike Magnus' and the Loss', was pretty much one big room.

"Maybe she had just walked through dog shit," suggested Zach, who was eating Cheetos while sitting on the kitchen counter. His apartment was in no way clean. Actually it was covered in more clothes than Chris thought he had in his wardrobe. There were about seven different shirts strewn about, two pairs of jeans on the beanbag chair in the corner and twenty single socks hiding around the place. It looked very lived in.

Apart from having clothes everywhere, Zach had also left plates lying around, as well as cups, and cutlery that he yet to wash. Chris wondered how much crockery a single person could go through. But then again, he and Magnus washed everything they used after they used it - well, they hardly ate at home anyway, they usually just went out for dinner (Magnus could get more discounts than George Clooney).

"Told you that you need to pick up after yourself, Martell," joked Chris. Zach snorted, rolling his eyes at the beautiful blue-eyed warlock sitting on his couch, with his feet resting on the dirty coffee table.