-Nine-

Clint and Pietro had Wanda change in the van, Pietro stood outside it with a glare that was aimed at anyone who came near.

It didn't take long for Clint to finish getting ready, so he started putting my armor on me.

Steve set us all off in different directions.

I was set off with Pietro to make sure the airport was clear before going outside to meet up with Steve and the others.

Pietro and I walked down the empty halls of the airport, my armor clinking quietly as I walked.

I stopped near a bathroom, sniffing under the door.

Pietro stopped walking and put a hand on my side, I could hear water running and gentle humming from under the door.

Pietro gave me a light push before opening the door, "Hello?" he called as he stepped inside.

I followed after him, there was a man at the sink, washing his hands. He made no acknowledgement that he'd heard Pietro, who walked closer.

"Sir?" Pietro asked cautiously as he put a hand on the man's shoulder.

The man jumped, attention snapping to Pietro and I, his eyes widened when they drifted to me.

"What is that?" his speech sounded slurred and a bit frightened.

Pietro turned to me, "Go stand over there," pointed to a corner by the door with a scolding tone.

I chattered mockingly at Pietro as I walked over to the corner he'd pointed to.

Pietro turned back to the man and pointed to his ear, the man nodded his head, still eyeing me warily, "Yes, I am deaf," the man confirmed.

Pietro started moving his hands, Clint had taught him how to sign because he was mostly deaf.

The man's eyes widened after Pietro had stopped.

The man signed back for a few moments.

Pietro pointed at me when he'd stopped, causing the man to start signing again.

I scratched my bottom jaw with my clawed hand before Pietro whistled at me.

I looked up at him to see him wave me over, I trotted over to the two.

The other man still looked wary of me, "You take him to the entrance," Pietro told me with a hand on my jaw.

I chattered at him.

Pietro turned to the man and signed again, the man walked up to me slowly.

I picked the man up by his shirt collar and placed him on my back before walking over to the bathroom door.

Pietro opened it for me and I took off to the front entrance.

The man was frozen and stayed that way even after I put him on the ground by the door.

I patted the top of his head with my bottom jaw before running back to where Pietro had been.