-Twenty-One-

It felt so good to be able to run again after not being to able to for so long. Words can't describe how good it felt to run, even if it was in a lab.

I ran around the staircase in the center of the lab.

I could hear the girl laughing as I jumped two times my height to land on the steps.

The tail felt no different than the one I was born with, it was as if it wasn't even there.

I jumped back down, landing in front of her she had a hologram of myself floating in black sand.

I tilted my head and chattered at it.

"You should be able to move the tail, it is not just weighted for balance," she told me, sitting in her office chair with a grin on her face.

I turned my head, the tip of the tail twitched. I curled my tail around and touched the tip of it with my nose, causing her to roll her eyes.

I heard someone walking down the stairs, "Shuri? Is she up yet?"

That was Clint, before the girl, Shuri, could reply, I took a few steps back before launching myself onto the stairs, directly in front of Clint.

He looked startled for a few seconds before he covered it up, that was when I chose to lick his face. Chin to hair.

"Delta! That's gross!" he complained as he tried to wipe it with his sleeve.

I chattered at him before jumping back down.

Clint walked down the rest of the stairs still wiping his face. Shuri laughed at him. "So, you wanted features in her tail?" she asked, trying not to laugh, but her attempt was obvious in her voice.

"What did you say was in the tail already?" Clint asked as he grabbed a rag from one of the tables.

Shuri stepped back by the table with my form made of black sand hovering above it. "It has the shield in it, only I've made it better, and I need to activate the camouflage feature," Shuri said before she picked up her tablet, a few taps later my metal tail looked exactly like my old one.

"I mean, does she need anything else?" Clint asked as he glanced at me.

Shuri shrugged, "I don't know, but I can always find her later to work on it," Shuri informed as she waved a hand, causing the black sand to crumble back to the table.