Just One Night ~13~

Hey Wattpad!

So, here's another chapter!! Second one in a week! See, I said I'd upload before Friday:)

And honestly, I might be able to get another one up before then too, but only because this chapter is EXTREMELY boring. I thought it would be best to save all the interesting stuff for the next chapter, so stay tuned!:)

Anyway, here's the chapter! It's probably my least favorite, but oh well, here you go:)

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

            I shot up. Emma was calling? Crap. Cam must have left his phone at home, allowing her to get my number.

            “H-hi Emma.” I stuttered.

            “Thank God you didn’t call me ma’am again.” She breathed, and I let out a little laugh. I forgot my manners, but this time was ok. As long as I stayed in her good books, I’d do pretty much anything.

            “Yeah. So what’s going on?” I asked, ignoring Cam’s obvious curiosity.          

            “I just wanted to see if I had the right number. I got it from Cameron’s phone, but I thought he might have set up a decoy. Anyway, are you coming to the New Year’s Eve party?” Emma asked.

            “Oh, uh, text me the details and I’ll see.” I told her. I was really going to yell at Cam for just leaving his phone around again. I wasn’t ready to meet Emma, as cool as she sounded. I just wasn’t.

            “Great! Ok, I’ll let you and Cameron get back to whatever you were doing. Tell him I said hi.” Emma said. I told her I would, we said goodbyes, and hung up.

            “Cam, your mom says hi. Also, I’m invited to your New Year’s Eve party.” I said, turning to him.

            His eyes widened. “Shit! How are you coping?”

            I shrugged. “You forget I already talked to her last month when you left your phone on a table.” I said. I was going to be mad.

            But I couldn’t. It wasn’t his fault, and this would have had to happen at some point, right?

            “Oh yeah. So, you’re ok? You don’t need another brown bag, do you?”

            I shook my head. “No, but Cam, there is something else I need.” I gave him what I hoped was a seductive look, and he smirked.

            “Finally.” He muttered, kissing me again. It took a few minutes to get over the panic that his mom might call again, but the second his hands began tracing my spine, we were ready.

            It was safe to say, the book might not be needed after all.

            Christmas day came and went, and it was one of the best I’d ever had. Jennifer and Rachel had come over and made food for us. Or, rather, Jennifer had made the food while Rachel went around “sampling” it, using the excuse “it could be poisoned!”

            Now it was December 30th, and I was staring at a text from Emma.

            Party is tomorrow night at 7, but be here around 6. Cameron said you know the address. Party finishes at 1AM, but you’re more than welcome to sleep here. Emma