Just One Night ~One Shot~

Hey guys!

So, I wrote this FOREVER ago and completely forgot I had it until my friend was going through my computer and found it today. SO I figured I'd finish it up and upload it as an apology for not doing anything else for a while...

It's about when Tay finds out she's pregnant with Cammei:)

Hope you like it!!:)

I groaned as the alarm blared, reminding me I had a morning class today.

“Come on, Tay. You have to get up.” Cam said, the evidence of his sleepiness in his tone.

I groaned again. “Too tired.” I muttered, not opening my eyes.

I heard a button being pushed, and the room turned suddenly quiet. Thank God for Cam shutting the damn alarm off.

“Tay, you went to bed at 5 last night. You’ve been asleep for over 14 hours. Are you feeling ok?” Cam asked.

I nodded. “Yeah. It’s weird though. The last time I felt this tired…” I trailed off, letting my eyes finally open.

Could I be..?

“Oh shit.” I muttered.

“What’s wrong?” Cam asked quickly, and I glanced at him. What if I was? We’d been here before, could we handle it again? The outcome would most likely be unbearable. I felt my eyes fill with tears, but forced them down. I couldn’t cry, I just couldn’t. Not again.

“Taylor!” Cam snapped, sounding terrified.

The will I’d had against crying broke, and I could see the memories from just a few months ago playing in my head like a movie. Waking up from hospital, finding out I’d had a miscarriage…

“OK, we need Rania.” Cam said.

“No!” I lifted my head. If Rania came, then so would Brittany, and I couldn’t be around Brittany. Not right this second. I had to tell him. Maybe he’d understand.

“Then tell me!”

I sighed. “The last time I felt this tired was in March.” I said, hoping he’d pick up the hint.

It took a few minutes, but eventually Cam’s eyes widened. “You think you’re..?”

I nodded. “I think I’m pregnant.”

Cam smiled. “Isn’t that a good thing? I mean, it’s a hell of a lot sooner than we wanted but still…”

“Cam. Remember what else happened in March.” I ordered, slightly panicked. I couldn’t do that again. I’d cried too  many nights over the child I hadn’t been able to m, all tears that I’d made my dad promise to keep secret, especially from Cam.

His face fell a little. “I know. Believe me, I remember. But Tay, we’re going to do it the entire time now. We will. This time will be different. Last time you didn’t even know it was possible. We can actually do it right this time. Just please don’t be sad about it.”

I shook my head, standing up. I stumbled a little as the head rush hit, and I waited a couple of seconds before turning to face Cam.

“Look, we don’t even know if I really am. I might just be sick or something. Could you go get me a pregnancy test? I’ll make a doctor’s appointment while you do that, ok?”

His eyes searched mine, looking for something that would tell him he shouldn’t do it, but he sighed and nodded. “I’ll go now. Guess we’re taking the day off.” He quickly threw on some jeans and an old shirt, pressing a kiss to my lips as he left. “Love you.”

“Love you too.” I said, an unwanted smile appearing at the words. Even now, five months later I couldn’t get over it.

The door slammed shut and the smile was instantly gone again. I sunk down, sitting against the bed, and let the tears fall as I thought about the child I’d lost. After it had happened, I’d had dreams of a girl, sometimes a boy, celebrating a birthday or just watching TV with me and Cam. They hadn’t happened in a couple of months, and I couldn’t help wondering if maybe it was because my brain had been trying to tell me I was pregnant.

However, right now, those dreams came back full volume. I should have been giving birth soon. I’d fallen pregnant January 1st, and it was September 3rd now. At this point I might have actually given birth. Or maybe it would have been today.

I rubbed my stomach, tears pouring down my face.

“I don’t know if you even exist,” I found myself whispering, “but I will not lose you. I can’t lose another one.”

Cam was right, this time was different. This time I would make sure that I didn’t do anything that could hurt me or what could be my child. Last time I think I’d even had alcohol in my system. This time I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t drink, I wouldn’t even be near someone who smoked, I’d stay out of the stress areas, and I’d definitely make sure to eat right.

The door opened about ten minutes later.

“Tay? I got tests!” Cam shouted, running into the room. “Now go take them!”

I laughed a little, wiping my eyes and standing up. “You’re crazy.” I shook my head.

“And you were crying. Are you ok?” Cam asked, sounding a little out of breath but serious.

I nodded. “Just bad memories. I’ll be fine.” I smiled at him, hoping he wouldn’t see that I was only partly telling the truth.

He nodded, but I knew he didn’t fully believe me just yet. “Fine. Now go find out if you’re going to be a baby momma!” He slapped my ass lightly, making me chuckle.

“Calm down! I’m going!” I shut the bathroom door, pulling out the test. I didn’t bother to check what brand it was, but I trusted Cam’s judgment. Sometimes.

The thing told me to wait three minutes, and I swear they were the longest three minutes of my life.

“Do you want to see first?” I asked Cam through the door. I hadn’t opened it yet, and I wouldn’t until he answered the question. There were 30 seconds left.

“Um… I’m good with you telling me.” He said, and I heard his voice crack.

“Scared?” I asked, checking the timer. 15 seconds…

“Terrified. You?”

“Me too.” 5 seconds…

My phone buzzed, letting me know time was up. I took a deep breath. Followed by another one.

OK, I had to see this. I had to.

But first…

I looked at the instruction packet, memorizing each symbol longer than necessary, before realizing I couldn’t stall any longer.

“Hurry up! I want to know if you’re pregnant!” Cam whined, and I took my third deep breath. It was officially time.

I looked at the stick, and grabbed it, opening the door to reveal Cam pacing back and forth.

“Well?” He asked.

I smiled. “I’m pregnant.”

Hope you liked it!:)

Don't forget to vote for this story in the Watty Awards this year! And I'm sorry again for not uploading anything else in a while:(

LOVE<3