Just One Night ~18~

Hey Wattpad!!

So... wow. I can't believe how dedicated some of you are to this story!! You guys have no idea how amazing it is for me to wake up and have over 30 messages telling me you've commented!! It's insanely surreal!!:D

Anyway, I'm hoping this chapter is longer (fingers crossed!!), because you guys DEFINITELY deserve it!:) I definitely uploaded a lot earlier than I thought I would, so I'm hoping that makes up for it's length:P

And the dedication is because this girl is FREAKING AMAZING!! Seriously, she helped me discover Tay's song, Cam's song, AND helped me with a couple of problems I had when writing this chapter! She's also really super cool and stuff xD Give her love, she deserves it!!!:)

And now, what you're really here for... Hope you guys hate Tay's mom. She's definitely a bitch:)

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

“Mother? That’s all I get?” My mom said, pouting slightly.

I glared. “Fine, mom. Either way, I’m in enough shit as it is. Can’t you just go back to your boy toy?” I asked, ignoring the look my dad was giving me.

I was not in the mood to deal with my mother. Hell, she’d left when I was around five years old to be with some doctor or something. Her excuse had been “there are more psychiatrists needed in Michigan; I can make more money!”

Granted, that much was true, but still. She was married to the douchebag within a month of officially divorcing my dad.

My mom continued to pout. “But, honey, you’re in hospital. I told your father Texas roads were too dangerous…” She muttered, glaring at my dad as though it was his fault.

I shot up, trying to ignore the pain that sparked in my shoulder. “Mom, it is nowhere near his fault. I wasn’t paying attention, and the car flipped. I’m fine.” I told her, failing to control the anger. She had no right at all to accuse my dad. Ever.

“Well, maybe you would have learned how to pay attention in Michigan.” My mom sniffed, and if I wasn’t lying in a hospital bed I would have punched her in the face.

“I like Texas, thanks.” I said.

“But the weather is horrible, sweetie. Wouldn’t you rather be somewhere where you can get snow?” She asked.

I groaned. She was always trying to get me to move down there. “Well, snow’s nice. But you’re not. I don’t want to live with you, mom. Get over it, and just go?” I practically begged her.

“But you have prom coming up! Don’t you want to go dress shopping?” She asked.

“Not with you!” I sighed, letting myself fall gently onto the pillows.

“Taylor, sorry to interrupt, but I’m going to go.” Misty said, and I knew she wanted to get the hell away from her ex-friend.

I nodded. “It’s fine. I’ll talk to you later, ok?” I smiled.

“Sure thing.” Misty smiled back, leaving after a quick hug and a finger to my mom, who sneered back.

“So, you’ll talk to her but not me?” My mom asked, glaring at Misty’s retreating figure.

“Yeah, because she’s not a complete bitch.” I snapped, earning yet another pout. “And for the love of all that is good will you please stop pouting?”