Chapter Two

A/N: thank you so much for the reading the previous chapter! I'm so glad you liked it :) Hopefuly you'll continue to enjoy this, it's definitely been really fun to write! Much love, Maddie xoxo

~

The weather was heavenly. The sun kissed Morgie’s skin as she walked barefoot along the sand, a skip in her step. Her feet sunk into the soft sand as it trickled between her toes, the soothing crash of the waves matching the rhythm of her step.

 She sighed. It felt as if she’d just wandered into paradise.

 ‘Here?’ Laurel asked, looking over at her from a small distance away.

 Morgie tilted her head, surveying the spot, and taking into account the close proximity of the shallow surf and the bar not too far away. ‘Looks perfect,’ she commented, throwing her towel unceremoniously down onto the sand.

 April grinned from behind an enormous pair of expensive looking sunglasses, setting out her floral beach towel between Morgie and Laurel’s, the former’s scrumpled up, the latter’s looking as if it had been freshly ironed in place.

 Arriving only a few minutes later, Oscar, Ezra and Will proceeded to crash down in the sand next to them, Oscar already topless, Morgie noted with pleasure. Rather a fitness freak, Oscar’s frequent gym sessions paid off, he had a chest that was really quite delectable, she couldn’t help but think.

 She raised her eyebrows at him over the rim of her sunglasses as he plonked himself down next to her, grinning. ‘Gorgeous day, isn’t it?’ he commented.

 Morgie nodded. ‘Is that your excuse for flashing?’ she inquired.

 ‘Flashing?’

 She nodded, prodding his chest. ‘Showing off the abs, eh?’

Will gave his friend a playful shove. ‘He’s totally tensing to try and impress you, Morgs,’ he informed her.

‘I know, I know,’ Morgie replied teasingly.

‘At least I’ve got abs,’ Oscar retorted, eyeing Will’s stomach, still covered by a top.

‘Oooh!’ Morgie said. ‘Burn.’

Oscar turned to her. ‘You can’t talk, missy!’ he teased, reaching out and tickling her stomach, making her squeal.

‘Get offff, Oscar!’ she begged, between laughs. ‘I can’t… you know… you know I’m ticklish!’

He stopped, still chuckling at her. ‘Pathetic,’ he informed her. ‘Absolutely pathetic.’

She gave him a look, still out of breath from the tickling, her sunglasses having slipped so they were lying askew on her face. ‘Nonsense,’ she said.

Oscar let his eyes wander, looking at her tanned body appreciatively, slim legs only covered a little by some little floral shorts, the bikini top showing off her perfect curves. He leant over and gently picked up a strand of her long hair, newly dyed so it faded from dark at the top to a blonde colour at the bottom. ‘I like the new hair,’ he commented.

She grinned. ‘Good. I thought I’d do something a bit more summery with it.’

April chuckled. ‘It took us forever,’ she said, pushing her sunglasses up into her hair.

‘I was so scared I’d end up with completely blonde hair,’ Morgie added.

‘Wait, so you did her hair, April?’ Will said, looking at Morgie’s rather tousled locks. They suited her, actually, not that he was much of a judge of that sort of thing.