Chapter Three

A/N: Sorry about the big spacing, Wattpad seems to be mucking up the format. Does it bother anyone, or is it ok? Anyway. Hope you enjoy! :)

Will was the first one to wake the next morning. The sun was streaming gently through the slight part in the blinds, making a delicate pattern across the white covers of his bed, and, as he propped himself up on one elbow, he surveyed the room sleepily. Next to him, Ezra snored gently, cheeks flushed with sleep. Will was slightly tempted to take advantage of him (he knew Oscar would have probably drawn a moustache on him already at least) but it was too early in the morning for that.

Swinging his legs out of bed, he stretched. The bed had been so comfortable, he’d ended up having the perfect night’s sleep. There was a dream still lurking in the depths of his mind, just out of reach of his recollection, and he wondered sleepily what it was about.

Poking his head around the door of Oscar’s room, he saw that his other friend was in a similar situation to the first, absolutely fast asleep.

Will’s stomach grumbled. Well, he might as well get some breakfast.

Quickly changing, he headed out of the room, padding down the softly carpeted corridors to get to the restaurant area of the hotel. Though it was early, people were already up and about, and the jangle of cutlery against plates and the low buzz of chatter greeted him.

He looked around the room. It was large and airy, with lots of little tables, and a big bar full of breakfast food to eat. He headed over there immediately, feeling absolutely starving, and loaded up his plate with toast and muffins, and pretty much something of everything, finishing up with a big glass full to the brim of orange juice.

It was only when he was half way across the room that he spotted Laurel, sat by herself, eating a piece of toast spread with jam, and intently reading a book. A grin spread across his face.

He sat down opposite to her, making her jump, and look up at him in surprise.

‘Oh!’ she said. ‘Good morning, Will!’

‘Good morning,’ he said, scraping the chair in and picking up his knife and fork. ‘You’re up early.’

‘I’m an early bird,’ she confessed. Will took his attention from the food, looking at her. She was fresh faced, with what looked like no makeup on, her hair simply brushed into a loose ponytail, freckles standing out against her skin. She looked as if she’d just woken up. Will thought he’d never seen anything more beautiful.

‘Er, me too,’ he replied, when he’d found his voice.

She looked at him curiously, obviously picking up on the pause. He cleared his throat, hurriedly.

‘You should have seen Ezra and Oscar,’ he said, with his usual ease of speech, smiling casually, before intently cutting up some bacon to give himself something to do. ‘Snoring away.’

Laurel laughed. ‘Bless.’

They both ate in silence, the clatter of cutlery against porcelain and quiet chatter the soundtrack to their breakfast.

‘So,’ said Will, when he was almost finished. ‘What are your plans for today?’

Laurel glanced out of one of the long windows that stretched across the hall. The sun was brightly shining down already, the sky cloudless and clear. ‘I think I might check out the pool,’ she said musingly, propping her chin on one hand and smiling at him in a way that made his breath catch in his throat, it was so unassumingly beautiful.

He nodded, smiling back at her. ‘Sounds like a good plan.’

‘What about you?’ she asked, finishing off her toast, and licking the crumbs from her lips.