Chapter Eleven

A/N: Sorry about the cliffhanger last time, it just had to be done ;) Thank you all so much for still reading this, I'm really glad (and flattered!) that you're enjoying it! I hope you continue to like it, and please do let me know what you think, I love to hear your thoughts! Have a brilliant weekend :) love Maddie xoxo

They were on the roof. Morgie was gazing out across the Spanish town, high enough so that they could see the sun kissing the surface of the sea on the horizon. Before them was an enormous hot tub, partially sunk into the ground, with rose petals scattered artistically across the surface, flickering tea light candles around the edge.

She turned to look at Oscar, her mouth ajar. ‘How did you know about this?’ she asked in disbelief.

Oscar looked overjoyed at her reaction. He grinned bashfully. ‘I heard some of the rich people talking about it,’ he admitted. ‘This is only meant for the people in the premium, deluxe sort of rooms, but I managed to convince the lady in charge that we deserved a go in it.’

Morgie flung her arms around his waist. ‘It looks perfect,’ she said into his chest, and heard him chuckle.

‘Glad you like it. Now, into your bikini please.’

Morgie looked up at him. ‘It was all a trick to get me partially naked, wasn’t it?’ she said, narrowing her eyes suspiciously.

Oscar held up his hands in a gesture of submission. ‘Looks like you know me too well, Skelton,’ he said, and kissed the tip of her nose.

Laughing, she pulled off her shorts and top, revealing her bikini underneath, and, as Oscar stripped too, she headed straight for the gently bubbling water, lowering herself in and sighing in bliss.

‘This is heavenly,’ she told him, as he approached, all toned chest and arms, and as he got in too, sitting right next to her, the jets turned on and bubbled around them.

‘Oh my god.’ He sighed, lying back and grinning rather smugly at her. ‘Best date ever?’

‘The best of them all,’ she replied, nudging him. ‘Don’t let it swell your ego, though, mister.’

He tilted his head and surveyed her. ‘Hun, the fact that you’re my girlfriend is kind of permanently swelling my ego,’ he said.

She laughed. ‘What, because I’m so amazing?’

‘Something like that.’

She wrinkled her nose at him. ‘Well, for what it’s worth, you’re not so bad yourself.’

He smiled at her, and for a moment, got a little lost in her eyes looking back at him. The feel of her leg brushing against him underwater had been enough to send his thoughts skittering off into the abyss of lustiness, but, at the same time, he was utterly struck by just how beautiful and perfect she was. She was smiling like a freaking angel or something, but the cheeky glint in her eye was ever present as always, and he couldn’t help but want to stay here in this hot tub forever with her. Grow old, or something. Anything, as long as he was with her.

It was peaceful up there. Morgie could faintly hear the low chatter of voices below them, probably coming from the town or from the pool, and she could almost hear the rush of the waves too, over the gentle whoosh of the bubbling water. Oscar adjusted his position beside her, and she heard a corresponding ripple as the water shifted too.

Rose petals drifted past, swirling around the jets of water. One got stuck to Oscar’s arm, and, chuckling, Morgie peeled it off for him, sticking it on his nose instead.

He raised his eyebrows at her. ‘Thanks for that.’

‘You’re welcome, Rudolph,’ she said cheekily, cuddling into his side. She couldn’t think of anyone else she’d rather spend an afternoon in a hot tub with, and felt a little rush of affection go through her.