Chapter Fourteen- the last!

A/N: Hi everyone! Thank you soooo much for reading, I'm really glad you've stuck through to the end of PIP, even though it's only half the length of my usual stories! This is indeed the last chapter, and it was really hard to end, I kind of felt like I could potentially write more, but settled on ending it here. I am working on something new, and if you'd be interested to read it here on Wattpad, please do let me know in the comment. Much love, and thank you again! Maddie xoxo

With a sigh, Morgie rolled over in bed to lie on her back, blinking up at the ceiling in the dark. She was too hot, and it was too stuffy, and she just couldn’t get to sleep.

In the bed next door, Laurel lay perfectly still, sleeping peacefully. Morgie was unspeakably jealous.

She hated not being able to sleep. It drove her mad; she tossed and turned and got more and more fidgety and fed up, until…

She just had to get out of bed.

Swinging her legs out of the side of the bed, she glanced over at Laurel, who was breathing gently and evenly. It was just too hot in here, so, sneaking quietly over to April’s little room, she peeked in.

April, too, was fast asleep, her hair spread across her pillows like she was a fairy princess or something, one arm stretched out across her duvet. Tiptoeing through the room to the French windows, Morgie turned the key in the lock, pushed them open as quietly as she could, and slipped outside.

Ahhhh. It was heavenly out here on the balcony, with the cool breeze wrapping around her body, the night air crisp and sharp against her skin. She took a deep breath, and leant over the railings of the balcony, her hair tumbling out around her. Looking across, she could see the balcony next door, the one leading off from Oscar’s room, almost close enough to climb over to, and, on the other side, a long line of more balconies, each belonging to its own individual room. Morgie smiled.

It was so peaceful out here. She was wide awake now, and couldn’t help but grin out into the darkness. Something about being awake when it felt like no one else was was just so exciting; it felt so dangerous, so enthralling, so exciting.

The thoughts in her head seemed clearer out here, though she wasn’t sure whether that was just her late night mind telling her so. She blinked up at the starry sky, so clear it was like looking at a picture, and, propping her elbows on the railings, rested her chin on them to stare out into the dark night.

She didn’t know how long she stayed there for, but, when someone softly called her name, she jumped so much she almost propelled herself over the railings.

Whipping her head around, she stared at the other balcony, where a familiar, sleepy looking boy was stood, smiling in a bleary eyed fashion at her.

‘Oscs!’ Morgie grinned back at him. ‘How did you know I was out here?’

He smiled. ‘I couldn’t sleep; I saw your silhouette through the crack in the curtains.’ He wrinkled his nose. ‘I just had to come out and join you.’

‘And you knew it was me?’

‘Course I did,’ he said, as if she was silly to ever doubt it.

They looked at each other. ‘You couldn’t sleep either?’ he asked.

She shook her head. ‘Nope.’ The gap between them seemed impossibly wide; she wanted desperately to be over there with him.

Echoing her thoughts, Oscar sighed. ‘God, you have no idea how much I want to cuddle you right now, or something.’

She chuckled. ‘We’re like Romeo and Juliet. Sort of.’

‘Optimistic, hun,’ he said, grinning, and she rolled her eyes at him.