Seven

Emilia's POV

This is totally not weird at all. Me, taking a shower in their bathroom. I didn't expect to be meeting all of Ashton's friends today. Meeting Michael had proved to be fun, and I became curious when he had told me Ashton had been telling them about me. I wasn't anything special; just another friend of his. So as to why they are so excited to meet me is beyond me.

I twist the shower knob off and step out onto the bath rug, wrapping the towel that hangs over the shower rod around my body. I change into the clothes Ashton had picked for me to wear. Swiping my hand across the fogged up mirror, I look at my reflection to see just how oversized his clothes are on me. His grey sweatpants reach up past my hips, coving my belly button. The shirt has some random band name on it and falls just above my knees. His clothes are basically wearing me.

Deciding against pulling my hair up into the usual ponytail, I ring out as much water as I can and let it fall down my back to air dry. I quietly make my way downstairs and into the kitchen with the boys. My presence interrupts their conversation and all four heads turn to me. Ashton holds out a mug filled with a steamy liquid in his hands, waiting for me to take it.

"It's tea," he assures as I take the warm mug from his hands.

"Thank you." I take a sip of the deathly-hot liquid, and my face scrunches together from the shock of the burn my tongue has received.

"What time does Julia get off work?" Ashton asks.

Unknowing, I hold up my finger and tell him to wait while I check my phone to find the previous text messages that she had sent me.

"You're at Ashton's house?!!?"

"I'll try to get off work as soon as I can"

"I'll be there around nine. Maybe nine-thirty because of this damn rain"

"Where does he live?"

"She said she'll get off around nine, maybe a little after," I say. "What's your address?"

Ashton snatches the phone from my hands and types away, sending Julia the directions to his house. Once finished, he leans over towards me, his shoulder touching mine, and slips the phone into the pocket of my—his sweatpants. He lingers for a moment, inhaling softly. "You smell like a guy," he whispers.

"Considering all you had was body wash and shampoo for men, I'm sorry that I don't smell like a field of flowers," I whisper back with a smile, earning a laugh and pat on the head in return from him.

"Emilia, are you hungry?" Luke asks. "We're not the best cooks, but we can make you a sandwich or something."

My stomach answers for me, growling loud enough for all to hear; maybe even the neighbors too. I wrap my arms around my stomach to try and suppress the gurgling sounds of hunger, but it fails to calm the beast that is my empty stomach. Four pairs of eyes stare me down, their mouths agape, spilling with laughter that echoes throughout the house. My cheeks burn, and if I weren't so comfortable with them, I'd be running out the house and into the rain to find myself the nearest food supplier.

"Well that answers your question," Michael jokes, opening the pantry cabinet and pulling out a loaf of bread. "Would you like a cheese toastie?"

I blink several times at his odd question before answering, "I'm not going to lie, I have no idea what that is." They all laugh at me again.

"I think it's the equivalent to a grilled cheese to you Americans," Michael clarifies. My mouth falls into an 'O' shape and I nod, giving Michael the okay to fix me a sandwich.