Thirty-seven (Part One)

Emilia's POV

When you watch someone who played a large role in your life being taken away with the most distraught expression as he looks back at you...you can't prepare yourself for that.

You can't understand the scene as it plays in front of you. You can't understand the motives behind his actions. You can't understand his mentality or thought process that led up to this. On one hand, you feel completely joyous that this is over, but on the other, you're confused and you don't know why.

I may hate him to the core and wish that he never showed up in my life, but for it to come to this...for it to come to seeing his hands confined in metal handcuffs and a police officer guiding him inside the car, slamming the door shut once he's settled inside...not even I can contain the single tear that I shed out of pity.

But what's worse than that is watching the person who is playing a large role in your life right now clean the blood that trickles down your temple with a cold, wet rag as he repeats three words every few seconds...and you don't know how to respond to him.   

1 hour earlier

.

.

.

________

A/N:

Okay, I know you guys are probably thinking: "what the hell is this?", "what just happened?", "I am so lost", "what".

This is a bit of a teaser to this chapter which is why I put it as Part One of chapter 37. Part Two is going to explain everything that led up to this little monologue. You can probably get a general idea of what's going to happen, but yeah.

I was very hesitant to post this because I thought it would be a risky move on my part as a writer. I was going to put it all as one chapter, but I haven't even finished the chapter; I barely started it and won't finish it until next week most likely. So, I figured that I would leave a bit of suspense before drama happens again (After chapter 37, I'm pretty sure all the drama will be resolved and we can get back to cute Ashlia).

Please let me know if you like this. Your feedback means a lot to me and if you don't like the way I am doing this, then I might take this down and put it in just one chapter all together.

Thank you guys!!  -Rebecca xoxoxoxoxoxo