Chapter 9

Lokia woke up in Loki’s room, she walked over to the mirror and saw slightly raised scars from where the thread was, she walked back out and went to the throne room, when she got there she saw Loki sitting on the throne. A large wolf was sitting beside him and a girl, who was dressed in black and looked like zombie, stood on his other side. The wolf growled and stood up as she approached but Loki held up his hand to calm him.

            “Lokia, I’d like you to meet two of my children. My son Fenrir, and my daughter Hela.” Loki told her. “My other son is outside considering he can’t fit in here comfortably.”

            “What do you mean?” She asked, turning slightly paler.

            “Well Jormungand is the Midgard Serpent and can wrap around Midgard so I think you get the picture of how large that is.” Lokia nodded and Loki smirked at how nervous she looked. “Don’t tell me you’re scared of him? How can you possibly kill millions if you’re scared of one giant snake?”

            “I’m not scared!”

            Fenrir let out a deep laugh, which sounded more like a growl, and turned into his human form, “I can sense your fear, but just to clear it up, you should fear me more than my brother. He might have venom and an advantage in size, but I’m fiercer and smarter than he’ll ever be.”

            “Son don’t scare her, just go introduce her to your brother… and show her around a bit.”

            “Yes Father.” Fenrir bowed before turning to the entryway, he smirked before turning towards Lokia. “Try to keep up.”

            She gave him a confused look as he turned back into his large wolf form, he ran down the halls faster than she could keep up with in her human form. Lokia paused before turning into a falcon and flying after him, he glanced back and didn’t notice her until she landed on his back while digging her talons into his black fur. Fenrir stopped and Lokia fell off, she turned human and glared at him but Fenrir gave her a content look. When she turned back around she came face to face with a giant fang, standing up it was still taller than her, as she kept looking up Jormungand’s head she saw his eye open.

            “Brother who’s this?” The serpent asked but sounded more like a hiss.

            “Her name is Lokia, she is going to help us.” Fenrir turned human and put a clawed hand on Lokia's shoulder causing her to flinch.

            “I am Jormungand.”

            “So I’ve heard… so uh… when do we actually get to start the war?”

            “Getting impatient are we?” Fenrir laughed darkly, “You need to know the layout of the battle field, besides a war can’t start overnight. We need a plan and a way to get our enemies here.”

            Fenrir led her back inside, staying in human form, and showed her around. Lokia looked around at all the gold there was, the last time she’d been here the only thing she had been able to see was the throne room and the dungeon. He led her down another hallway and opened a door; Fenrir motioned for her to go inside before following her.

            “You can stay here until its time for the war.” He informed her.

            “This room is huge…” Lokia said as she looked at the gold and black room.

            “Well of course it is I grew up in here… until I was moved to a forest and bound.” Fenrir growled the last part under his breath.

            “I could stay somewhere else.”

            “No, I don’t sleep here anymore. I like it outside.”

            Lokia continued looking around the room while Fenrir stayed at the door, eventually though his curiosity got the best of him and he walked inside from the door way to look around his old room, everything was exactly how he remembered it, opening his closet he found all his old clothes, which were made of animal fur, along with some of his extra blankets he’d chewed through. The sound of Lokia sitting down on the bed made him jump and he turned around shaking his head.

            “Come find me if you need anything.” He told while walking towards the door.

            “Where are you going?”

            “Does it matter?”

            “If I need to find you.”

            “To train.”

            Lokia teleported in front of him and blocked the doorway. “And if I want to train?”

            “No one wants to be in there when I train.”

            “Is that a challenge? Because I still need to get you back for making me fall.” Lokia narrowed her eyes at him but he just shrugged.

            “Don’t blame me if you die before your time.”