Chapter 4

Scarlet

It had been 5 minutes and I was still crying in Jahseh's arms.

I had never vented like this before. The feeling of just letting it all go. I told the same story to Kia but telling it jahseh made me feel a whole other way.

I guess because I can relate more to jahseh than Kia.

" it's getting cold, we need to leave soon."

I felt jahseh breath reach my neck.

I slowly fell out of his arms and got up on my feet. Grabbing my hand, jahseh looked straight into my eyes. As if he could see everything I was thinking right down to my soul.

He leaned in and gave me a soft peck on the lips. I wish it lasted forever.

" come on, let's hurry and get to the car."

He lead me to the car, opening the door for me and guiding me in. Even after months of leaving Tyler. I still can't get over the things I've been missing. The love, respect and trust that comes with a relationship.

I've been missing it all because my dumb ass decided to mess with some lying psychopath who could care less if I got hit by a car.

Now things have changed so drastically for me.

Jahseh closed my door and walked around to the drivers side. Once he got in, we were on are way home.

"Hey jahseh, don't tell any one my story. I like it to be between me and you. I'm not fond of others knowing my personal stories. You understand, right."

"Of course I understand, I will never share your business with others. I agree, I hate it when people know my story. All they do is use it against me."

"Good", I whispered as he looked back at the road.

I loved that, the feeling of having someone understand me.

As we drove home, I continued to look back and forth towards jahseh. I love it when he's calm, it's like he's the most innocent person you'll see.

That's until you get to know him, you find out his life story. The things he's been through, the tortuous depression he has to live with every single day of his life. There's nothing innocent about it. I turned back to jahseh, watching as his blue hair fell slightly in front of his face graciously.

" hey scarlet, you good?" he laughed slightly. " you've been staring at me for a good ass minute."

I shook my head in disbelief that I had unintentionally stared at him for so long.

"oh sorry, I didn't realize I was looking straight at you. I was trying to look out the window." I quickly lied.

I know it would be embarrassing as hell to tell the real reason. Jahseh than gave me that look knowing damn well I wasn't trying to look at the window.

He gave me a smile and started laughing. " come on scarlet, you know damn well you were doing more than just looking out the window. Tell me, what's on your mind?"

I took a deep breath and looked at the road. " I was just staring at you, that's all."

"Nah, you were doing more than staring. You were thinking deep as hell.  I'm interested in your thoughts, they matter to me. " 

With that, jahseh pulled the car over and turned off the engine. He then slowly turned to me in his seat.

" Now, tell me, what are you thinking?"

" I was just thinking about you." I said looking straight into his eyes. The moonlight made them shine a beautiful light shade of brown.

Without uttering a word, jahseh grabbed my hand and entwined it with his. Bringing it slowly up to his lips, he softly kissed my knuckles.