chapter 6

scarlet

Last night was amazing, even though I feel asleep during the movie, it was still a great night. I'm still upset with jahseh about the headphones. I know how police are out here, they're no joke when it comes to stealing. But I decided to let it go, jahseh has a past, this was nothing new to him.

Of course after spending the whole day with, jahseh is back in the studio. I don't blame him, his music is truly his passion. Instead of siting in the house all day and wasting my life away, I decided to get dressed and do some shopping. I grabbed my purse off the table and headed out the door.

Ever since I stopped working, I began to watch was a spend. It was jahseh's money not mine and I feel dependent every time I swipe my card. However, I know if I even try to get a job, It will just sprout an argument. My first stop was the mall, I don't go here much like I used to but it's a great place to find clothes and stuff I don't need. I walked around till I found a good store, it had all kinds of clothes to choose from.

I went through the shirts section and found some cute crop tops in different colors. I also found some oversize t - shirts to sleep in, I went around to the men section and found some great Gucci shirts and shorts. Something jahseh would really love, I don't usually buy him clothes but I couldn't pass up on the choices of clothing they had. I grabbed both of us a couple of shirts and some pants to go along with them.

Before I left the, I texted him about the shirts I got him. Even though I'm fully aware he won't text back till late at night, that's just how busy he was in the studio. I was looking at the designer shoes when a man came up next to me. I ignored him and continued on with my business.

Minutes later, I jumped to the sound of a deep voice.

" So, you like designer shoes too huh?"

I gasped and turned towards the man next to me. " Oh yeah, I love these type of shoes, they go really good with jeans." I said awkwardly.

I didn't want to make conversation with him but I'm not the one to just blow people off.

" yeah, the shoes go with anything in my opinion, you from around here?" the minute he said that I could have sworn he stepped closer.

"Um no, I'm actually from up north."  I looked up and found an amazing pair of shoes, they're white and gold.

" Those go great with you, especially with your eyes." I looked up at him and smiled.

" Uh, thank you." thinking it was the end of the conversation, I sat down on the bench and tried on the shoes. As I bent over and tried them on, I felt a presence very close in front of me.

" So, it seems like you make that bread, those are some expensive shoes and clothes you finna buy?" 

This dude is really persistent.

" Yeah, I guess?" I said blowing him off again and unsure on how to answer.

I shoes fit me perfectly, they would definitely go with a good pair of jeans and shirt. Ready to check out, I took the shoes off, grabbed the rest of my items and I put my shoes back on. However, right before I got up to leave, the dude sat down right next to me.

I instantly became nervous, I know I sorta made it clear I wasn't interested, but I guess it wasn't clear enough for him.

I scooted far away from him and stared.

" I'm sorry, do you need something?" I questioned. He looked me up and down before speaking.

" sorry, my bad, I've sworn I've seen you before. What high school did you go to?"

With that question, I was becoming anxious and nervous now. I became quiet and my thoughts began to overwhelm me. There was something off about this dude, I've never seen him before but he claims he's  seen me. I don't wanna just walk away and ignore the question, that's not only rude but that's not the kind of person I am.

" Valerie maze high school, you sure you went there, I don't remember ever seeing you."

" I've been around there a few times, you have a great day." and with that he left. My heart is racing like hell.

So many questions were running through my head. I sat there for minutes just thinking till I was knocked out of them by a voice.

" ma'am, are you ok?"  I looked up at the woman, she was the manger of the store.

" Yeah, I'm alright." I quickly grabbed my things, checked out and headed out the door. I didn't even stay in the mall, I headed right for the exit and towards my car. I unlocked the door and quickly climbed in, I slammed the door, locking them back.

Not only is my heart racing, I feel like I'm out of breath, most likely because I ran to the car. The sad thing is, people were probably staring at me like I was a drug addict. I laid my head on my steering wheel , took a deep breath and put the key into the ignition.

I planned to go to another store, but something within me said go home. I guess I was kinda of scared, I finally decided and assumed it was nothing. I turned around and headed for the next store. On the way, I got hungry and stopped by the dollar store. I always hear people hate on the store but they have really good snacks and there just for a dollar. Where is there room to complain.

I grabbed some drinks for both me and jahseh, along with some snack as well. While walking through the isles, I remebers we didn't have hand soap for our bathroom. Knowing I'll forget to get it later I decided to grab it now.

Just as I was about to the turn the corner I see him, the guy from the mall. Now something really wasn't right about him.

Not wanting to have any contact with him, I run into the other isle hoping he didn't see me. I hurried and grabbed the soap, heading to the check out line without being seen. While waiting in line, I put my head down expecting him to not see or notice me. I finally got to the front of the line, I handed the lady my items. As she scanned them, painfully fucking slow might I add, I was tapping my foot wishing she would hurry up.

" $10.25 is your total."

I quickly swiped my card, snatched my bag and ran right out the store. Heading to my car, I unlocked on the way. Placing my hand on the car handle, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see the face I dreaded most.

" I told you I'd see you later." he says as my heart rate increases.

" I'm sorry, I have to go." I attempt to get into the car but he closes the door back with a slam.

" Hey, no need to rush. I just wanted to let you know, that, you've made some mistakes in your life. Mistakes that cost, what that cost is. You will see soon, real soon." As he talked, he leaned closer and closer near my neck.

Out of fear, I pushed him off and quickly got into the car. Starting the car, I back up and drove off. I turned my head, watching as the man waived at me. I didn't even go to the other stores liked I planed, I sped straight home. I'm surprised I haven't gotten an ticket at this point.

I sped into my drive, got out the car and went straight into the house. Locking the door behind my, I leaned against the front door and fell to my knees. At this point, I felt like I couldn't breath and my heart was still racing. I attempted to calm myself down but my emotions only increased due to remembering he words he said.

Now my thoughts were running wild, I didn't know what to think.

**********************************

sorry for the late updates

and for this week I will definitely try to update alot more

Sorry if there are any spelling or grammar errors

They will be fixed later on