chapter 8

Scarlet

Hours, jahseh has been gone for fucking hours. I've been trying to sleep but my mind restricts me. I knew I shouldn't have caused an argument with him but I just wasn't thinking. I've called and texted him, with no answer. Something in me wants to just grab my car keys and go find him, yet I don't even know the first place to look.

Dread really took over me when it hit 4:00am. Haven't heard a word from him. I haven't even moved from the couch since he left. It seemed he wasn't coming back any time soon, especially right now. I decied it would be best for me to get some rest, staying up all night won't make jahseh come home any faster. But before I even headed upstairs to our room, I texted stokeley.

Scarlet - "jahseh left in the middle of the night, call if you hear anything."

I knew I wouldn't get a response immediately. I headed up stairs and threw myself onto the bed. I wrapped myself in the sheets hoping to just fall asleep however, my mind is not in a god state right now. My head is in such a fret state, I couldn't even sleep.

Than the images came, jahseh on the streets hurt. Possibly calling for help but no one can here. My heart aches, staring at my home hoping the phone call I might receive isn't from the police or from anyone stating he was hurt. Tears soon streamed from my eyes, I thought I could hold them for a little bit longer. But the pain was to great to just hide it in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jahseh

Scarlet has been call me so much, I just turned of my phone. I hated it yet it has to be done. She should be sleep at this time anyway, even though I had left the house hours ago I'm still upset. I didn't go far, I just drove to the other side of town. Now I'm just siting in the car, waiting, I don't what for. Waiting for something to happen.

"Let it go."

"What are you gonna do."

"Your not going to find him with the little description I have."

As much as I love scarlet, I should just let it go and call it a night. However, I'm a fighter, I will do anything to protect her. Even if it costs me my life. Progressively becoming tired, I heard my stomach grumble. Sighing in frustration, I turned the car on and sped out of the store parking lot. Having a craving for chick fil a and the nearest one is 10 minutes away.

Instead of driving in silence, I turned on my apple music. I didn't want to hear any rap or screaming, just soft music I can jam, chill and think to. After scrolling down I found the perfect artist, Billie Eilish, he voice nothing but beautiful. Artistically, she is the most beautiful artist I've ever seen, her voice uplifts me from the dark with every word sung. Yet there is always a deeper meaning within her songs.

Lovely is my favorite, the lyrics spoke to me, especially in the situation I'm in now.

I hope some day I'll make it out of here.

Even if it takes all night or a hundred years.

Need a place to hide.

Isn't lovely all alone.

Heart made of glass. My mind is stone.

The last lyric really speaks to me. Its like the song knows me personally. I found the chick fil a and thankfully they weren't closed. I turned off the engine and continued to listen to the song through my headphones. Getting out the car, I headed towards the entrance.

"Welcome to chick fil a, what would you like?" says the cashier the minute I enter her sight of view.

I took out one headphone and gave her my order and money, then heading to an open table. While waiting for my food, I looked down at my ticket noticing my order number is 47. I guess they still call them out, even though my ass is the only one here. However that changed quickly, a dude came in, I usually mind my business. Yet I could tell this dude wasn't from here.

I watch for a few seconds as he put in his order before I looked down at my phone and scrolled through Instagram.

" Order 47." I looked up saw the lady with my food. I also noticed that the guy wasn't here anymore, probably In the bathroom I thought.

" Thank you." I said in monotone as I grabbed my food form her. "My pleasure sir, you have a great night." I nodded and turned to go back to my table. And there he was, the dude was siting at the table right next to me. This dude has to be on crack.

I sat down and quietly ate my food. "Ay, you from here." I put my food down and turned towards the man. He had a New York accent." Yea but I know you ain't." I stated. I instantly knew this nigga wasn't right.

"You right, I'm not. I just feel like I've seen you before." Is this dude serious, it's 4 in the morning just trying to eat in peace and he over here asking me fucking questions.

" I don't man, you probably have. I make music." I said, I didn't here a response. Minutes later, he suddenly got up.

"See you soon." He says before leaving through the front door. Just as he left, the lady called for an order.

" Order 48, 48!" She looked with confusion before just throwing the food away. Shit, I was confused with her. What does he mean by " see you soon", now I'm really lost and now I'm thinking about it. I never really saw his face. I finished my food and left heading back to the car. I sat in their parking lot for before I finally decided to head back. Hopefully when I get there scarlet is sleep and not worried sick.

I finally got home and noticed that all the lights were one. I turned them off and headed upstairs to find scarlet in bed. She hadn't changed her clothes and there were tears stains on her face. Without waking her up, I took off my clothes and slowly climbed into bed with her. I got behind her and pulled the cover over both of us. I wrapped my arms around her." I'm sorry." I whisper softy into her ear. I started at her neck and left a trail of soft kisses. It woke her.

" Jahseh?" She questioned but I shushed her.

I entwined my hands into hers. " I love you." were the last words I said before falling asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up to find scarlet out of my arms, she didn't leave the bed, she only moved over. Wiping my eyes, I looked at me phone to see it was 2pm.

" How could you leave? Without a word, I was worried sick about you. I thought you were somewhere on the street hurt or dead. I called and called but you never answered once." tears were aching to come out of her eyes.

" I know, I left in the heat of the moment alright. I needed sometime to clear my head and you were right scarlet. I didn't find anything. The guy is probably long gone by now, I'm letting it go now. Forgive me please."

Scarlet goes silent for a minute. " This is not something I can just forgive Jahseh. You left me at my worst moment, you left me when I needed you most. I was in distress and you left. Before I forgive you at all, I'm gonna need a moment. "

" I know scarlet, I was wrong. But like I said I needed a moment, that's why I didn't answer and turned my phone off."

"Jahseh, are you fucking serious. What if something happened to me or you and we couldn't contact each other. Use your brain Jah!" She yelled.

"And I said I'm sorry." I extended my hand to grab her but she slapped it away.

"No Jahseh, I can't....I can't forgive for this. I need to go." She snatched some clothes from the floor and put them. I continuously called her name but she ignored me. I quickly got out of bed and successfully grabbed her.

"Scarlet come on, lets talk. Leaving is not going to solve this!" I yelled.

"Jahseh let me go! And yo ass should have known it wasn't going to solve anything when you left last night!" She yelled back.

"Fine, just fucking go then." I letting her go, I watched as she put her clothes on and left the bedroom. I even followed her as she walked right out the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to try something different and switch characters POVS in the middle of the story .

depending if y'all like it or not, depends if ill do it again in future chapters.

and sorry for the late update. Don't forget to check out my new book, before the night ends. The first chapter is posted.