2. Beach.

Zayn Malik has always loved the sea.

He loves the calming sound of the waves clashing against the shore. Loves the peaceful atmosphere around it at night.

The beach - it's his own get away. When the pressure of reality becomes too much for him during the day, the half-Pakistani boy would always escape here at night. It's his own secret that no one knows. And he would like to keep it that way.

Getting into the beach after 1.00 A.M. has never been a problem for him. The guard knows him and yeah, at times like this Zayn thinks there are indeed some perks of being famous.

It doesn't take him more than ten minutes to find his special spot on the white sand beach. No, he doesn't have his name written on that place, but he has been sitting on that particular place at nights like this for the past years, so he thinks, he can indeed call this place his. Even it's for just the night.

He sits on the sand and closes his eyes, breathing in the cool, salty air of the beach. He looks down the soft sand beneath him. Touches it softly almost with fascination. He presses his right hand softly on the sand as if he wants to hide his tan skin under it. A pained, distant look takes over his face when he finds how his fingers get lost in the white surface.

Much like how they would get lost in a certain mop of brunette curls.

He shakes the thoughts off his head because no, he can't afford to remember those memories. Now that he's finally getting better, he can't do that. He can't remember him.

He can't remember Harry Styles

******
God it feels like I am writing 'I can't' all over again. The small snippets and all 😂 I hope you're enjoying the fic so far? It's kinda out of my usual style so IDK how you guys are taking it. Please let me know if I should do something in another way :)