3. Moonlight.

He can't remember Harry Styles

Harry Styles- the boy with gorgeous, gorgeous green eyes and brown curls. His ex-bandmate, his best friend, his love interest. His muse for the first two albums of his solo career.

He wants to forget him, but he knows he can't. He is old enough to know that you can't have control on certain things. He knows neither you can change your past nor you can forget it. Because your past is responsible for the person you are now.

He looks at the sea in front of him, sees how shiny the water looks under the moonlight. He looks over at the night sky, only to find it's a full moon.

Zayn smiles because the first time he was on the beach, on a full moon night, it was when he and Harry sneaked out of the hotel in the summer of 2011. When One Direction still wasn't as famous, and they could sneak out at night without having the fear of some fans creepily following them around.

"Do you think, Louis will be happy with her?" Harry had asked him that night of summer 2011. Zayn turned to him from where they both were looking at the sea. He didn't miss the way Harry's eyes closed when the cool summer breeze hit his face. Till this date, Zayn thinks that might be one of the best sights he has ever gotten to see. The way Harry had smiled under the moonlight. A real smile. When they didn't have to fake it every now and then.

"I think he is happy. If his smile when he talks to Eleanor is any indication." Zayn shrugged, looking at him. Harry opened his eyes and looked at him. There was a painful smile on his face that Zayn wanted to wipe off, but he knew, Harry had to face it anyway.

"Yeah, I guess." Harry said. Voice small and as low as ever. He looked back at the infinite extend of water in front of them as he rested his head on Zayn's shoulder. Zayn, not knowing what to do, took his pale hand in his own and started playing with his fingers. And even though his wild curls were tickling the side of Zayn's neck he didn't say anything.

The comfortable silence between them was too good to break.

"I like him, you know?" Harry mumbled in the quiet of the beach. "I mean- I know he loves me only as a friend and respects my feelings towards him, but it still hurts to see him with anyone."

"I know." Zayn mumbled as he rubbed his thumb on the back of Harry's hand. An assuring gesture that earned him a smile from his best friend.

They didn't say anything else after that. Just enjoyed the comfortable silence around them, in each other's arms as the full moon shone bright above them, listening to the waves crashing against the shore.

******
I love/love y'all. xx