6. 2018

Christmas passed by sooner than he would have thought and soon it was New Year's eve.

Zayn spent the Christmas eve FaceTiming with Louis, Eleanor and Freddie, Louis' son- in his LA house because it was also Louis' birthday.

The way Freddie would say "Bathway Dada" to Louis every now and then, in his baby voice, still brings a smile on Zayn's face.

Christmas was spent with Gigi and his family in his house as well. Pictures of them circulated all over the internet that day. The fans were happy, finally getting some pics of him but mostly, because of him seeing happy. Zayn could definitely say, he indeed had a great time.

He spends New Years Eve in his studio, writing and editing some songs for his second album.

His phone vibrates with New Year's messages from different people as soon as the clock strikes 00:00. He first replies to his mother and sisters with a New Year's wish, then sends a text to Gigi, his girlfriend, wishing her a Happy New Year as well. He then replies to the boys and some of his close friends. By the time he is done, it's already 12:47 AM into the New Year. He stares at his screen for a moment. Waits and waits and waits but the text he has been anticipating for the past hour never comes.

A text from Harry.

He knows it's impossible to get that anticipated text, seeing he changed his number a lot in these past few years. But somewhere deep within his heart, Zayn still hoped that the text would come. After all, it's not that hard for Harry to get his number. He sent a message when Robin died, for God's sake.

Maybe Harry deleted his number along the text, as soon as he received it? He thinks for a second but then again, they work for the same company for goodness sake. If Harry doesn't have his personal number then he has to have the number that Zayn uses for work purposes. Zayn knows that.

But Zayn also, for a fact, knows that Harry already have his personal number that he gave to Liam- the only one who kept in touch with him after he left the band. The number he later gave to Louis when the Doncaster lad DMd him on twitter saying, "Your stupidity is rubbing on me, Malik. Now, give me your new number, you twat. I don't have it and I forgot to ask for it." after they met up at Jay's funeral and solved everything between them.

Niall, well he is another story. Zayn doesn't know how Niall miraculously found his number but one day he got a text from an unknown number saying "Hey! It's Niall."

But never once, Zayn got a text from Harry.

For a moment, Zayn thinks about texting Harry but quickly shakes off the thought. He reminds himself that Harry doesn't need him in his life anymore and that he is doing fine. Harry is doing fine.

He pictures Harry to be in his mum's house, drinking red wine with her and Gemma. He pictures him smiling and laughing at some of his own lame jokes and really, that thought hurts Zayn enough. So, he switches off his phone and instead picks up his guitar when he feels the itch in his fingers. The itch to type a new year’s text to Harry.

That night, before going to bed, Zayn silently prays to the powers above to keep a certain clumsy, curly haired lad with gorgeous, gorgeous green eyes safe and sound.

********
I know it's a hard time for all of us.
I can't even feel it inside me to update but as you may notice, I never leave a story incomplete.

Stay strong!

Love/love y'all. xx