Chapter one

Taehyung lied in bed, thick and salty tears rolling down his face. Seokjin had to be kidding, he couldn't be serious. This voicemail he left him was just a joke, right? Maybe he was just trying to ask for attention, because his girlfriend broke up with him recently.

He had to be kidding.

Yet, his voice sounded so genuine. So scarily, depressingly serious. Taehyung should take this seriously, after all, suicide wasn't a joke. He didn't even know why the thought that this was a joke lingered in his mind. Seokjin had never been one to joke about this stuff. Dad jokes, sure, but not any deep topics. He wasn't one to talk about deep stuff in general. He always seemed happy and uplifting, which is why this sudden voicemail shocked Taehyung so much. He decided to listen to the voicemail again, even though it hurt him like hell.

"I keep dreaming, so much, Taehyung.

I am wondering what life is, in general.

I don't want to live like this.

My heart is breaking, day by day.

I mean, who's to say,

Who's to say, you find an answer when there isn't.

What if you just die, Tae?"

Taehyung felt the same tears as earlier flow down his cheeks again. He needed to continue listening, but he couldn't. How could one person be so depressed? He tried to calm down his breathing, and pressed play on the voicemail again.

"What if live, as we know it,

Is all a dream?

What if we live for no reason?

What if you just disappear when you die?"

And then the voicemail stopped. It stopped abruptly, as if Seokjin still had a lot more to say. It scared Taehyung so much. What else was Seokjin thinking about? The world in his mind must be really dark.

This was the first time Taehyung was even introduced to this kind of stuff. He was a very happy guy himself, he rarely was upset and even if he was, he tried to uplift his mood by making others happy. He didn't like being negative, like how Seokjin was being right now. He didn't like that Seokjin thought this way.

And why did Seokjin send Taehyung this voicemail? Sure, the boys were friends, but that was only because their friends were friends. Seokjin was best friends with Jeongguk, not him. God, he was even better friends with Hoseok and that was saying a lot since the boy rarely spoke. Maybe Hoseok felt the same feelings as Seokjin felt. This made Taehyung cry even harder. He didn't want his friends to feel this way. He decided to sleep everything off, and he already guessed he'd wake up with puffy eyes.