Chapter ten

Taehyung was on his way to school for the first time since weeks, the first time since Seokjin had passed away.

Taehyung couldn't say he was okay. He was extremely sad, of course, but knowing that Seokjin had wanted to die for so long, it made the wound less deep. He was finally free from his worries, he was in a better place.

He walked into class, everyone immediately looking at him, because they all knew that he and Seokjin were close. There were a lot of pitiful looks and condolences, but Taehyung ignored them all. He didn't need nor want them.

In break, he met up with his friend group for the first time in weeks. They all hugged him and shared their condolences. Hoseok even cried a bit but he stopped quickly after because he didn't like crying.

"Tae," Namjoon suddenly called. "Do you know what happened with Seokjin? It was all so sudden to us."

Taehyung then realized how lucky he was. Lucky to know the real Seokjin, know what went on in his mind. To his other friends, Seokjin's death was so sudden, so unexpected. Taehyung knew exactly what had happened and why Seokjin had died. He was happy that he knew the real him.

"Seokjin had been depressed for a very long time," this made the other five boys look at him weirdly. "He left me voicemails sometimes, wondering what his life was worth. You can listen to them if you want."

All boys nodded and Taehyung grabbed his phone. He looked in his message folder called 'favorites' and clicked on Seokjin's voicemails. All boys listened in, and after all voicemails had ended, they all started crying again, not caring who noticed or looked at them weirdly.

"When he wasn't at school for a while," Taehyung took a shaky breath. "I visited him. There, I found him in his bathtub, his arms cut open."

Yoongi gasped loudly at that, remembering his own dark times. He could somewhat imagine how Seokjin had felt.

"I called 911 and they brought an ambulance. The doctors did all they could, but they didn't save him. They said he was already gone when he came in the hospital." Taehyung ended his story at that.

"I hope he feels better now. He didn't want to live like this." Hoseok said, and they all agreed.

"We all still have each other. We have to keep each other, for him. That's what he would have wanted."