Chapter three

A new voicemail. It ate away at Taehyung. He was so curious, so scared. What was Seokjin thinking about, what was he wondering? He wanted to listen to the voicemail. He wanted to press play, but at the same time, he didn't want to. The thoughts in Seokjin's mind were so dark, so much deeper than Taehyung ever thought. He took life lightly, was always happy and didn't like sad feelings and thoughts. So, when he heard his happiest friend say those depressing things, it introduced him to a whole new world. A sad and dark world. A world he didn't want to be in.

He sighed and grabbed his phone, curiosity getting the best of him. He pressed play on the voicemail and heard Seokjin sigh a bit before speaking.

"Sometimes, I wonder

Will people remember me if I die?

Everyone dies in the end, so who cares if it is now or in a few years?

You and I, we die, Taehyung.

It's hard to take.

I can feel my heart breaking everyday.

Should I cling to life?"

And then the message stopped. Once again it was abruptly, he knew there was much more on Seokjin's mind. Taehyung felt wet tears roll down his cheeks once again, making his nose full and his breathing uneven. He hated crying, so much. Especially if it was because of another boy.

Suddenly Taehyung got an idea. He opened his Kakaotalk, clicked on Seokjin's contact and started a new conversation. It shocked him that the two had never talked privately yet. He started typing a short but meaningful message.

TaeTae: Please cling to life.