Chapter nine

Taehyung had tried a lot these past few weeks. He brought Seokjin lunch every day, talked to him as much as he could, and even slept in his bed when the older would call him. He had tried everything.

But, Seokjin hadn't shown up at school for the past few days.

Taehyung tried to call him, but there was no answer. When he asked the principal, he said that Seokjin simply had a fever, and he shouldn't worry. But it had been four days already, with no answer, no voicemail, no Seokjin.

Taehyung decided to visit Seokjin at home. Since he stayed over a couple of times, he knew where the older lived. He brought a bag full of medicine just in case, and went on his way.

When he arrived at the house, no one opened up. Taehyung had rung the bell at least sixteen times, but still, no answer. Suddenly, Taehyung felt a drop of water on his head. He looked up, but the sky was clear. It wasn't the rain, so what was it?

He looked at the windows from Seokjin's house, noticing that there was water coming out of what seemed to be the bathroom. Now Taehyung started to panic, knocking on the door loudly and trying to get it open. It didn't work, no one seemed to be home and the door was locked. Luckily, he noticed that a window was left slightly open.

He ran toward the window, opened it further and jumped in. He ran upstairs and to the bathroom door.

The door was left unlocked, thank God, so Taehyung could open it and walk in. When he did, though, he saw the worst thing he had ever seen.

It was Seokjin in the overflowing bathtub, blood spilling out of his cut arms, his eyes closed. Taehyung screamed, but Seokjin still didn't open his eyes. The boy grabbed his phone from his pocket, dropping it in the process, cursing at himself. He picked it up, and immediately called 911.

"Hello, 911? Please, please answer," Taehyung said hurriedly.

"Hello, what can I help you with?" A lady answered from the other side of the line.

"H-hello," Taehyung's voice cracked. "My friend, he is bleeding out. I think he c-cut himself really deep, he is in t-the bathtub too."

"Okay, turn off the bathtub first," Taehyung did as told. "Check up on your friend, see if he's still breathing."

And even though Taehyung was terrified to do so, he put his head on Seokjin's head, happy to hear his heart beating slowly. He sighed of relief. He then checked if Seokjin was still breathing, which he was.

"I can hear his heartbeat, and he's still breathing." Taehyung spoke into the phone, informing the woman on the other line.

"Good. Try to keep him awake, you shouldn't let him fall asleep. I will send an ambulance toward your address." The lady explained. "Keep me on the phone, tell me what's happening."

Taehyung started to shake Seokjin, trying to wake him up. Seokjin opened his eyes after a while, but it was only slightly. When he saw Taehyung, he smiled a bit.

"You came for me?" Seokjin asked, his voice small and raspy. It made Taehyung cry immediately.

"Of course I came. P-please stay awake, Seokjin. There's an ambulance on its way."

"Please let me be, I don't want to be saved." Seokjin said, and Taehyung shook his head.

"You may not know it now, but you want to live. I promise you, you want to, Seokjin."

"No, I don't. Let me be, please," Tears escaped Seokjin's eyes. Taehyung shook his head again, starting to speak just when the ambulance arrived.

The four men in the vehicle kicked the front door open and ran upstairs, immediately picking Seokjin out of his bath tub. Seokjin got put into a bed and with Taehyung beside him, they went on their way to the hospital.

After operating for eleven hours, Seokjin was pronounced dead.