Chapter four

Seokjin never replied. Taehyung knew the older had seen the message, he just didn't reply. The next day he even acted like nothing happened. He was laughing once again, fooling everyone into thinking he was happy. Why didn't he just tell them? Why did he feel the need to hide his thoughts for everyone but Taehyung?

Yoongi kept a close eye on the younger the entire day. After his crying session yesterday the boy suddenly ran away and left, no explanation given. Yoongi was thinking the worst had happened. To Taehyung, it had.

"Taehyung-ah," said Yoongi in the middle of the lunch table. Everyone was looking at the two.

"Yes, Yoongi-hyung?" asked Taehyung, and Yoongi smiled at him.

"Can we talk a bit? Somewhere else, I mean," asked Yoongi and Taehyung nodded slowly but surely. He knew that Yoongi wouldn't randomly forget about what happened the day before, he wasn't someone like that. The two boys stepped toward the same bathroom, leaving the rest to wonder what happened.

"Why were you crying so loud the other day?" Yoongi asked immediately. Taehyung sighed, knowing that he'd have to answer sometime.

He trusted Yoongi. Actually, he trusted Yoongi the most out of all his friends. The two weren't best friends for nothing. He could trust Yoongi with this, he knew that.

"I've gotten voicemails," Taehyung said and Yoongi suggested him to continue. "they were depressing. The boy was wondering whether life was meaningful or not. He just, he seemed so happy in real life and hearing those voicemails did something to me."

"Who send them?" asked Yoongi. Taehyung sighed once again, he didn't want to tell Yoongi who it was.

"I don't know. It was just a random boy."

"Isn't he just doing it for attention? I mean, he doesn't even know you." Yoongi held his younger friend's hand tightly, making sure he felt a bit better.

"I shouldn't take this as a joke, Yoongi. He sounded so genuine it scared me."

"Why did it scare you?"

"I've never thought like this. I never knew people wondered why they live. I mean, we just go into this earth, make love and get children, right? Isn't that enough for people?"

"It's not enough for everyone. You should be happy it's enough for you." Yoongi gave the younger a slight smile.

"Have you ever felt like this?"

"I used to think like that all the time. It's getting less but sometimes it comes back. I know how to deal with it now."

"How do you deal with it?"

"By distracting myself. Writing things down also helps. And I hang out with you a lot, darling." Yoongi pinched Taehyung's cheek, making the younger giggle a bit. "Please don't start feeling like this, Taehyung. Maybe try to convince him that he matters. Let him know how you feel."

"I will, Yoongi."

And right at that moment he felt a buzz in his back pocket, notifying him that he got a message. He opened his phone and clicked on the message, seeing it was from Seokjin.

PrinceSeok: Why should I?