Chapter 6

Please vote and comment. I love reading them.

.........

Kara’s POV

*

             I pressed my hand tightly against my chest and took in another five seconds length of air, heaving a contented sigh as I stared at the screen of my phone. He was still as handsome as I remembered all these years and I was proud of the young lad who had grown from a Star kid into one who now motivated others to be hardworking and persistent in whatever they did.

“I love you.” Harry Styles said again and I sucked in a breath as if that was the first time I would play the video.

I double clicked on the video, signifying that I had just unliked and liked it for the umpteenth time, with a goofy smile on my face. I pressed the video again and listened like a child who had just been given a new toy and couldn’t wait to exhaust her strength, concentrating on it.

No one could understand my obsession towards Harry. I didn’t like him for his looks or his talent in singing alone. I liked him because he was a great source of inspiration.

The notes in his songs came from the heart and following him on all social media platforms made him feel less far than he truly was from me.

He had compassion on people and it was evident because I was one of his number one stalkers on almost all social media pages. I liked each of his posts, made crazy comments and even added him in the list of people I sometimes prayed for since I was sixteen because bringing a smile to my face meant he had to be up and doing as a singer and public figure.

Yes, I loved him so damn much!
Squealing like a high school student whose lover had just proposed to her, I typed a comment and debated on either listening one more time or using my data for other things before leaving Instagram.

I pressed the phone to my ear very calmly and quickly clicked on the same video I had been listening to for the tenth time.

Someone lowly muttered a string of colorful words behind me but it was audible enough for me to hear in the silence that currently surrounded me as I was listening to Harry say the words again. I craned my neck to the side with a smile, thinking it was Gonzalo but that smile died immediately. I could have sworn my heart palpitated.

It was young master, looking confused and out of place at the kitchen’s entrance with his business attire but I couldn’t deny the fact that he looked somehow handsome, even after an obviously tired day at work. What did he want? He had a look different from what he usually displayed and his hair was a bit tousled like he had a really rough day at work.

He never complained about anything related to the kitchen or cleaning. He never even made a comment in the first place. Mama took care of everything in the house and only reported to him if it was necessary. He took a step into the kitchen and I felt the whole place close up on me.

He was invading my personal space, or at least that was how I viewed this kitchen. A place away from the young master, the only place away from the owner of the mansion apart from my own room!

“Sir?” I squeaked when I noticed his eyes on me and this made me lose my balance while trying to drop my phone and alight the stool at the same time. I shut my eyes tightly, mentally groaning because this same man who never let a chance to embarrass me slip by, was going to see my ungracious fall.

To my relief, I felt strong arms go around me and steady me and I immediately relaxed but then it hit me. The rich aroma of his Cologne knocked me back to my senses and I tensed.

Why couldn’t fate allow me bask in the feeling of merely staring at Harry Styles without interruption? Why did the young master have to come in right now?

And why on earth was I so clumsy that I just couldn’t drop my phone carefully without losing my balance on a darn stool?

Kara, I am highly disappointed in you! I mentally scolded myself.

Wait...he was still holding me. I reach out to hold the edge of the counter properly and quickly pulled out of his hold.

“Did you need something, sir?” I breathed, collecting myself. My face should be red than a tomato right now. Thank goodness I didn’t stutter.

Since he sent me out of his room the other day, I had been avoiding him like a plague and also assured mama that I would always switch positions with her or Stephanie, the other house help when it came to preparing his bath. When she asked why, I had only assured her that he snapped at me and I didn’t want that to repeat itself again.

He blinked his dark, long eyelashes twice with his mouth slightly opened.

“You.” Wait....what?!

~°~

Stephano’s POV

*
       “Wha-what?” She gasped. Within a few seconds, she had turned scarlet.

She turned around and instinctively wrapped her arms around her stomach in a protective way. I wondered how far that blush on her cheeks could go. What was I doing? The girl would get the wrong message if I kept stuttering like a damn fool.

“When is school resuming?” I finally asked, collecting myself. I was sure I had asked that question fifty thousand times in my head already.

“Next week Tuesday, sir.” That same damned Sir! My name would sound better coming from her plush lips though. I wondered how it would sound on her lips. Then idea popped up and I mentally slapped my back.

“I want to take you to an ‘economic influencer’ event this Friday. It’s for those involved in international economics and some political issues. Partners were also invited and you have the opportunity to come with someone else.” I wanted to say someone special but that would give some things away.

Would she get freaked out and refuse to come home from school during the next holiday if I called her special?

“And you want me to come with you?” she asked. Her eyes shone like that of a toddler in awe. I almost groaned but kept it to myself. I didn’t know what to do with this attraction I was feeling as I stood before her but it would be the death of me if I didn’t do something fast.

“Hmm.”

“Like… together?” She mumbled, her hands clenching on the edge of the counter she was still gripping tightly. A frown slipped onto my features.

The feeling that accompanied it was quite displeasing. I hated her tone. She sounded as if she was a peasant and I a king.

Oh yes, her madre was my cook but Kara was an exception. Even Natalia was an exception because she had been with me since childhood and was more of a mother figure than a cook. Kara was special, someone who had my heart without realizing it.

“Sir?” She seeked for confirmation.

“Yes. Wear red and let your hair loose.”

I turned away and took fast strides. It would be better than me losing my damn control! Picking my briefcase, I was almost out when I heard the voice laced with confusion and slight surprise, “I should let my hair loose?”

“Yes. It makes you look smarter.” I stated.

It made her look precious. Beautiful. Dashing. Gorgeous even, but I would tell her those later. When she wouldn’t be scared to call me Stephano. When she would realize that she had been mine and I was solely hers from the beginning.

She’d always been mine to love. 

...........
A/n: Please vote and share to your loved ones. Also comment because I love reading them. Let me know your thoughts.

Do you think this book is a good one? Recommend it to your loved ones. Thanks and God bless you:-) :-) :-)

Your girl,
Hephzibah.