Chapter 32

My shout out goes to my Indian 🇮🇳, Pakistan 🇵🇰, Italian 🇮🇹, Kenyan and Canadian 🇨🇦 friends/readers. You've been really supportive.

Comment your country and I'll be glad to give you a shout out.

Kara’s POV

*

            I was giggling, playing with our beautiful, cute puppy and throwing it in the air occasionally. It was freakishly dyed pink, or maybe it was naturally pink. It had bright blue eyes, reminding me of the bright blue eyes of a certain man in my life.

We were in a wide, white store and it was filled with pet clothes, meds and food. The puppy gave me those cute eyes and I knew what it meant. She was hungry again.

“Nu-huh. You had some milk not too long ago so no-mo.” I playfully cooed, nuzzling her neck with my nose even though I knew I would be sneezing twice or more times in a few minutes after, whenever I nuzzled her that way.

Her cute expression didn’t change but she blinked twice. I narrowed my eyes at her playfully.

“Alright. Whatever! You’re getting spoilt nowadays. Spoilt brat.” I nagged disapprovingly and huffed. Turning around to head over to the back where my bag was, I felt sudden heaviness in my head and realized I just crashed my head into someone’s hard chest.

“Careful there babe.” The familiar voice said. I looked up and ignored the fluttering in my stomach, my brown eyes immediately clashing with blue ones; bright blue ones that I already fell so hard for.

He chuckled in his deep, alluring tone and gave me a lopsided smile but I was just staring at him like a dumbo, feeling my words get stuck in my throat. I could never get tired of staring at this man and his piercing blue eyes. He was just so beautiful and as always, he was glowing.

I heaved a contented sigh and struggled not to drool at the sight of his smile. He was still holding me by the waist, so I couldn’t pull away. Or maybe I didn’t want to pull away. I straightened my stance after some tense seconds and cleared my throat twice.

“Thanks.” I breathed out. He leaned in and caressed his nose against mine.

“Have you gotten everything you need?” His fingers drew lazy patterns on my waist.

I fought my body to cooperate and not squirm at the effect. Those fingers could be distracting when they wanted to and right now, my breathing was becoming slightly ragged.

“Yes. I just did.”

“Where are they?”

“They’re at the back, the exact place where you came to meet me the other day.”

He raised a perfect brow. “Including hot stuff’s new socks? I don’t want her whining at night due to cold.”

“Hmm. Including hot stuff’s new socks and her food.” I nodded again and felt my shoulders sag in relief.

Hot stuff was the name we decided to give our cute pink puppy Labrador.

“Then we should head home, I’m hungry already.” He told me with mischief in his eyes. I knew what he meant by that, I always knew what my real life prince charming with blue eyes meant whenever he gave me a certain look and said he was hungry. Feeling his hot minty breath close to my nose and his eyes focused on a part below my nose, I decided to end my torture and slowly connected my lips with his.

That was what I wanted anyway. I wanted him.

All of him.

His smile was like a breath of fresh air, it always managed to leave me feeling refreshed.