Chapter 71

What gender would you prefer? Me, a girl❤

Surprise surprise. Click on that star button for me, would you? 😘

Stephano’s POV

*

          There was a click on my door and I looked up to see the head of the most beautiful woman I’d ever seen poking into my study room. Wordlessly, I went back to crosschecking my file.

“Hey.”

“Hey baby.” I looked up again from my work and gave Kara a wary stare. She was an emotional pregnant woman, so I knew I had to choose my words carefully. She was now in the middle of her trimester, which was around the third week of her eighth month and anytime from next few days, she would enter her last days as a pregnant woman.

“Can I come in?” She pouted.

I was busy with work, and needed to finalize this paperwork and send a copy to Andre as soon as possible. But I still motioned for her to come in anyway. Kara slowly walked in, her face flushed as she avoided my gaze. She wasn’t wearing any slippers.

She was in a loose gown that fitted her perfectly. Her cheeks had gotten chubbier, and her breasts were far fuller than how they were several months ago. To my satisfaction, she’d still kept her weaves on. I’d styled my wife’s hair into two long weaves yesterday evening while we were watching a movie and it made her look all too adorable than Kara would ever love to admit.

“Kara, where are your slippers?” I asked sternly. “You know I’ve often told you to keep them on so as to keep your feet warm at all times.”

“I didn’t want to. The baby wanted to feel the coolness of the tiles.” She argued cutely and I huffed, knowing she was trying to push it on the baby like she’d done with a thousand and one things before now. I motioned for her to come closer but she took the seat opposite me, still avoiding my gaze. Heaving a sigh, I propped my elbows on the table and rested my chin in my hands. I needed a break from work anyway.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” I could tell she was upset. These past few months, I’d learnt to deal with her constant mood swings.

“Talk to me baby.” I murmured. She slowly looked up at me with those brown eyes I never wanted to stop staring at and immediately looked away.

“Just continue your work Stephano. I don’t want to disturb you. I just wanted to keep staring at your face so I came here.” She said innocently and my hands slackened. I straightened up in my seat, my mouth going dry. When she said sweet things like this, and kept avoiding my eyes, how was I to be sure that she didn’t have something she was hiding from me?

I got up and approached her. Crouching, I rested a palm on her cheek and she slowly looked my way, leaning into my touch gently. I would never not be in awe of how Kara always leaned into my touch.

“Kara?”

“Yes hubby?”

“You know how much I care and worry about your welfare.” I inquired. She nodded with trembling lips, blinking rapidly. “Tell me what’s wrong baby. Talk to me. Hmm?” It felt as if invisible needles were going through me and prickling me a thousand times when I caught tears brimming in her eyes. I quickly leaned in to kiss her sweet lips. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry.” She threw her hands around me and I quickly accepted the embrace as much as I could without pushing her stomach. “I shouldn’t have yelled at you the other time. You…you were also wrong when you denied me.” She bit her lower lip and stared at me with accusatory eyes.