Chapter 29

Another update...just for you;-) Anyway, I have another one of my completed books and I would love it if you checked it out. It's a short story titled *The Nannny* Enjoy reading.

Kara’s POV

*

           I turned around to see him walking towards a familiar figure, a woman who was talking to his mom at the entrance and when she gave him her full profile, my world stopped again as my heart hammered against my chest. It was the same woman from that night at the club.

And she was now pulling him into another hug but he didn’t receive it because just then he slightly rotated his shoulders and leaned closer to tell his mom something. Standing there, I could only purse my lips, momentarily feeling like an outcast while staring at them. Who was she?

My eyes swept over her in her halter neck black dress and silver heels. She was beautiful, with a perfect figure and only a few inches shorter than Stephano. Her eyes sparkled and her laughter was so rich in such an intoxicating way that even though I myself wasn’t so close to them, I already felt drawn to such beautiful orbs.

Baby pink fitted her lips perfectly and her makeup would have been done by a pro. Lastly, arraying her oblong face, was silky black hair which cascaded down her shoulders and to her back in a Royal fashion.
She giggled loudly at something Stephano’s mom said and my heart dropped into the pit of my stomach because I knew what was going on in my head at the moment. The view, there was something about that view.

Looking at Stephano and the mystery woman together, talking like they had known each other in years and she was occasionally placing her hands on his upper arm, slapping him fondly as if she was feeling his abs. Insecurity clawed at my skin and the gut wrenching twisted my stomach into several evil knots.

They looked like a perfect family...

Stop it Kara! Stop allowing the feeling of inferiority take over! My mind screamed at me but cazzo, it was hard to stop my thoughts from diverting to that angle.

Was it my fault that I was feeling insecure already and he hadn’t even announced to the world that I was the mystery girl in his life? My chest constricted and a slight grimace slipped onto my face as I stared at them both as they kept conversing, while his mom spoke to someone on the phone. Not once did Stephano take a glance in my direction.

He leaned in with a small smile I had only seen on him once and she gave him a peck on both cheeks, making my eyes widen.

Instantly, I looked away.

I shut my eyes and two people introduced themselves to me before I could find my way towards the snacks arranged on a long table.
Recognizing the people doing the introduction me to be workers in Stephano’s workplace, I answered them politely and they were glad I remembered their names.
When they left for their seats, I sucked a harsh breath in.

“Having a good time?” Startled, I almost yelped at the voice that came behind me.

“Goodness!” I muttered, ready to take my anger on anything that wasn’t ‘Stephano’ related when I suddenly came face to face with Paul, Adrian’s cousin.

My mouth hung open for a few seconds before I shut it and pulled him into a warm hug.

“Paul, you came.” I crooned in utter relief. Finally I would get my mind off the two people showing affection from a few feet away! Paul patted me on the back in a rather weird way, repeating the words, ‘it’s okay and I’m here now.

“I didn’t expect you to attend the gala and I hope you didn’t lay off anything because of me?” I heaved a sigh with furrowed brows as I muffled the words on his shoulders, still hugging him though we weren’t pressed against each other.