Chapter 59

Kara’s POV

*
            “Where else do you want to see Kara?” Stephano asked immediately we got into the car. The teasing glint in his eyes did not go unnoticed by me. I heaved a contented sigh and leaned up to wrap my hands around his neck and place a kiss there.

“We’ve been to the art galleries and toured the beautiful, busy streets. Where else could we possibly visit nearby?”

I leaned back into my seat and looked out of the car, at the various passersby.

We had arrived in Paris two days ago and Stephano had taken me to several places alone today, just like we had done yesterday. We’d been to The Louvre Museum early this morning and I finally saw famous artworks and masterpieces I had often heard about. I made sure to fawn over the famous Mona Lisa piece by Leonardo Da Vinci and painting of the Wedding Feast at Cana by Veronese.

We’d been to Club Barriere Paris and I loved the Casino. Their visitors aren’t allowed to dress inappropriately, the restaurant is very nice with great and delicious delicacies that’ll make the visitors come back for more and their bar is cool as well. I didn’t play, but Stephano joined to play poker and their other games.

“Today is all yours. This week, in fact. Just name the place and I’ll take you there.” He proudly told me. I stared right into his amazing orbs, conflicted for a second.

“That’s the thing Stephano. I didn’t do any research about tourist centers here because I was busy with creating resumes and sending out job applications to several companies.”

His eyes hardened. “I told you not do that. There are available slots-”

“In your company. I’m not going to apply for a job at your workplace, Mr. Stephano Alfonsi.”

“What’s wrong with that?” He looked beyond confused, it was interesting to watch.

“I don’t feel I should.”

He heaved a sigh and looked out, putting on his glasses that made him look even more attractive than I knew him to be.

“That is not a valid reason.” His voice was calmer now. Distant.
I eyed him warily, remembering Adrian’s advice about how I sometimes exaggerated and needed to explain myself instead of being adamant about certain issues.

“Stephano, look at me.”

He ignored me. Rolling my eyes, I leaned up and went over the console. I put my right hand into his black jacket, trailing it over his chiseled abs.

“Baby?” I whispered into his ear and slowly bit the tip of it. I rolled my tongue around his pinna and grazed my teeth against the skin softly, purring in delight when I felt him adjust a bit.

“What?” He rasped and cleared his throat, taking off his glasses.

“I’ll explain.” I sighed. “Just don’t look away from me, I love staring into your sea blue orbs as they shine with love for me.”

He chuckled but faced me so I leaned back into my seat once again. “When did you become a poet?” I stuck out my tongue at him childishly but then sobered up.