Introduction (Part One of Four)

Saoirse O'Neill Kirkland; an Gorta Mór (The Great Famine)

Date: January 17th, 1848

Saoirse O'Neill Kirkland, the personification of Ireland, not counting the six counties in the north, was running towards her youngest brother's home in London, she had slept in again, and had to quickly nation hop to the nearest shamrock field to the house, which meant she ended up around around 1.6 kilometers away from it, because she forgot that the Union Jack flag existed. She was on her way to the UK meeting, that was scheduled to happen in less than ten minutes.

Saoirse was visibly skinnier, and it had gotten to the point where she could actually see her ribs when she looked in a mirror, and her cheek bones were also quite prominent. Her weight had been around forty kilograms before, but now her weight was hovering around a concerning thirteen kilograms. Her bright ginger, orange hair was unkempt and greasy, although she tried to brush through it quickly after she woke up, but it was to no avail, and she knew her youngest brother would scold her about not taking care of herself properly, then proceed to say that SHE, not HIM, but SHE needed to do more to help her people while he sits on the sidelines, probably enjoying the fact that her health had deteriorated at alarming rates the past four years. She had bags under her faded blue eyes, her energy was quickly sapped, and she was panting very heavily once she got to the house. Nation hopping was the only "magical" thing she could do now, but any nation could do it, so it technically wasn't magic.

Arthur's house was less of a house and more of a statement. To her that statement was, "Oh, Hello! I'm Arthur Kirkland, the personification of England, and I don't care that my oldest sister's people are starving to death, they're Catholic and I'm Protestant and I will only help them once they convert to Protestantism, and until then, I say that we just let them starve themselves. I hope my older and oNLY sister DIES along with her "savage", "blood craving" people." Clearly, She had a lot of feelings she wanted to let loose towards her youngest brother, but she knew that that wouldn't help her people, and their suffering would probably just become worse than it already was.

They were being evicted from their homes, the potato crops have failed for the fourth year now, and she had a gut feeling that this year was going to be the worst year yet. Arthur and his politicians inSISTED that it should just run its course, and Saoirse was devastated by how they were handling it. She saw people die of hunger everyday, people being buried in one massive grave in the ground, and she was secretly waiting for the day that she would join her parents and people, not wanting to suffer anymore. It hurt. The massive population loss hurt, and it was all at one time and was spread out through the four years as well, which made the pain even more unbearable.

She held onto the locket, around her neck, tight enough to leave a small indent in her skin, even though all of her strength was sapped from running.

'I'll get back at him one day. I won't be at the bottom of the social ladder anymore. I will no longer be considered less than a dog that eats meer scraps from its owners table. I WILL get my freedom back, and I'm willing to die trying.' Saoirse thought as the door to the house opened. She had arrived thirty seconds early.

Author's note!

Hi! I know! I'm alive! I'm planning on adding more to this on here, than on my Creative writing, because I have this whole sheet thing, and I want to have that and delve more deeply into that. I hope you enjoyed reading, and don't forget to comment what I can fix!

*~*AGENT A.J. SIGNING OUT!*~*