Chapter 2 - The Unstable Peace

Cillian looked over to his twin who seemed to be uncharacteristically air headed after hearing about what the news called 'Brexit'. He honestly started to feel a little bad for her for the first time since the Economic Recession in 2008, when her economy dropped by a staggering eight percent. Arthur and she got closer as family, even though they still fight all the time, it's more of a joking kind of fighting now.

     "Saoirse are you okay? You seemed really air headed the entire rest of the meeting," Cillian said, walking up to her, concern coating his pale, lightly freckled face. She didn't answer right away, still lost in thought. He had decided that he was going to use what everyone else called 'mind reading', but he didn't think it was like that, plus he barely used it, unless it was one hundred percent needed in a situation. He had tried to use it on Alfred's presidential candidate, Donald J. Trump, once during the election period, and his thought patterns were just as bad as his speech patterns, absolute nonsense.

     He tapped into her thoughts, knowing that she could cut him off from hearing them, but she didn't seem to notice, for the first time, or she didn't care.

     'Or... she WANTS me to hear her thoughts...' Cillian realized once she had shifted her eyes down to the carpet, her right hand covering her face facing him, pulling her right cheek back towards her ear.

     'Ulster...' Saoirse thought, surprising him by using his ancient nickname back from when he was still considered an ancient provence. She had represented the other three ancient provinces; Munster, Leinster, and Connacht. She continued, 'I know you're here, I can sense it, but why? Is it seriously that hard to figure out what I'm thinking? I thought it would be obvious...'

     'What do you mean, Sis? I'm just concerned about ye,' He thought, kneeling down by the table, so he could see her face.

     'I guess... I guess I just have to be blunt here...' Saoirse thought. She leaned back in her chair, closed her eyes, and let out an audible sigh.

     "The Good Friday Agreement... What's going to happen to it?" She said, looking over at him, and he just stared at her.

     "I-I hadn't thought of that... Damnú! Why didn't you tell Arthur!?" He said, fear and panic over taking his expression. He could fill adrenaline running through him, knowing the last time that there was a border wall between the two nations, after Saoirse became independent, the troubles had started.

     The conflict lasted thirty years, and it took interference from Alfred, to finally reach a deal. The rest of the family and Saoirse, after isolation, had tried multiple times to reach an agreement, without the multiple IRA and UVF branches knowing about the meetings. Saoirse kept insisting she didn't want any of this to happen, and even once, after Arthur falsely accused her of helping and supporting the Provisional IRA during the Battle of Lenadoon, she started to tear up, which scared the crap out of everyone in the room.

     They didn't know why at the time, but they assumed that she was still recovering from something that happened in her country, and that something was only learned about in 2014, and when she was confronted about it by Cillian, she had just stared at him.

     'Where- wha- Where did ye hear about that?' She had asked, looking so deeply hurt by the confrontation.

     'When did the mother and baby home in Taum cl-'

     '1961' She had cut him off so quickly, that when he was going to ask her why, she gave the answer without needing to hear the word. 'It got closed because it was too dangerous to use anymore. There was a terrible storm few years back, and I refused to give them the funds to fix it, knowing what happened.'

     'Wait... Ye didn't approve of what happened there?' Cillian asked, somewhat shocked by what she said.

     'Yer bang on with that statement, laddie...' She said, her eyes looking somewhat clouded over. 'I don't remember much of what happened between me gaining me independence and the Troubles, like me people and I don't want to feckin' remember it...'

     At the time Cillian didn't understand why she didn't want to remember it, since it was part of her history, her eyes had shifted down to her feet, they had gotten even more clouded over, and they were open in horror and shock. Cillian had decided to tap into her thoughts, and instantly regretted it. Instead of the usual audio, he had gotten a full horror motion picture.

     He left her thoughts, and told them about the brief clip from the 'movie' he had saw, and when Saoirse looked like she had before the sudden look of horror, she had bowed her head out of shame and embarrassment. That was the first time Cillian had felt like she hadn't deserved the punishment that befell her since the seventeen hundreds.

     "Look at me, Cillian," Saoirse said, looking up at him, who didn't realize he had zoned out, just like Saoirse had earlier.

     "Yeah?" He asked, fear still coating his turquoise eyes.

     "What did ye vote for?" She asked, the question coming so suddenly, that he actually took a step back. She knew very well that nations voted first and whatever that nation chose would be revealed once their people voted, but she seemed to want to know as soon as possible.

     "I... I... I can't tell ye. Sorry, Saoirse. Ye know that's classified information right now. Ye also know very well, that all four of us won't tell anyone, we even decided that we wouldn't tell each other."

*End Chapter*

Thank you for reading! As of publishing this chapter, I am out of town, and, in fact, I am writing this the day before I need to publish it (aka the same day I published the last chapter.)

So hopefully I'm having a good time! (';ω;)

*~*Agent AJ signing out!*~*